"Is it love ?!" (8)

The day of competition was finally here and the whole team was in the host college before 7:00 am itself

The day of competition was finally here and the whole team was in the host college before 7:00 am itself. Bani, who was all decked up, paced around the green room, unable to focus on anything. She was one among the 5 main leads in the drama and so had heavy pressure on her shoulder. She was feeling so tensed and riled up and had no idea of what she was supposed to do.

"Bani!" She heard a small voice, followed by a knock and sighed understanding who it was. She shook her head and opened the door and smiled seeing Zain standing there.

"Are you fine?" Zain asked doubtfully with a frown as he observed the continuous sweating of Bani.

"Huh? Haa.." Bani forced a smile but her body betrayed her answer and Zain shook his head.

"May I ?" He asked softly and Bani nodded her head. He entered the room and looked around and moved towards the place where he located water bottles. He took one bottle and walked back to Bani who took it in her hands.

"It's okay Bani. Why are you so tensed ?" Zain asked as he was seeing Bani like this for the first time. He was used to seeing Bani like a tomboy always, who never had a stage fear and always performed the things she cherished without any tension.

"I really don't know Zain. I always had veer by my side and also Om, Rudy, gauri and Bhavya. Maybe because I am all alone this time and have no one to pull my tension on.. " Bani confessed and Zain sighed.

"I am here na!" He asked slowly. Bani simply looked at him and then gave him a small smile.

"You can't substitute Veeru na, Zain" she said absent-mindedly as a response and it was Zain's chance to look at her, feeling a bit hurt.

"But still, give me a chance Bani. I promise, I will try to keep you happy" Zain said, genuinely feeling sad that Bani's priorities were so fixed and the top position was always reserved for Veer without a flinch.

"Zain, I-" she was cut in the middle by a video call and she smiled genuinely seeing the name. The only one who could help her feel relaxed right at the moment; veer! She immediately attended the call and smiled happily seeing Om, Rudy gauri and Bhavya too standing behind veer with happy faces.

"All the best dear !" They all together said and Bani Chuckled heartily while Zain looked on.

"Thank you guys! Veeru I am scared!" Bani smiled emotionally and immediately said her fear to Veer without beating around the bush. Veer looked at her and blinked assuringly.

"Aani, look.. it's not the rank and perfection which matters. Listen to me carefully, it's your hardwork and dedication which is important and I have seen you practice with your sweat and soul for this and nothing else matters. I don't want my Aani to fret like this okay !?" Veer said in gentle clear voice and Bani nodded her head slightly.