"Is it love?!?" (11)

Heartbreak! It was the only thing Veer could feel when he sat silently in one of the canteen corners, sipping a glass of semi-hot tea, gently keeping his gaze on nothing particular

"Good morning, veer!"

He snapped his gaze and sighed silently when he saw Adaa standing there with a small smile. She had a bunch of notebooks and files in her hand and was standing as if she would fall anywhere, anytime.

Veer immediately stood up and took some of the book from her hand and set them on the table and shook his head in disbelief when Adaa passed him a stupid smile. Veer Rolled his eyes and settled back while Adaa looked at him with a frown.

"May I join?" She asked in a sly voice and Veer looked at her silently for about 2 to 3 seconds and nodded non-chalently. Adaa smiled widely as she settled beside him.

"Where is Bani? Is she okay? Woh.. actually it's so rare to see you alone if she is present." Adaa said as she fished out two chocolates from her pocket and passed one to him.

"She went to meet Zain.. and yeah Om, Rudy, gauri and Bhavya are still not here.." he said, plastering a forced smile and Adaa nodded her head. She rolled her eyes in defeat seeing him playing with the chocolate silently.

"It's fine veer.. you can eat it.. I will give another for Bani" she shrugged making an obvious face and Veer smiled. He nodded his head and unwrapped it before pulling it into his mouth causing Adaa to smile happily.

"Why Zain?" She asked without knowing anything being serious and Veer's eyes dropped in despair while Adaa failed noticing it.

"A small acceptance of a proposal" he said slowly and Adaa snapped her head in the direction of Veer, with her doe like eyes as wide as possible.

"Seriously? Love proposal?" She questioned and Veer shrugged.

There was an awkward silence all of a sudden as Veer simply kept his spirits down and Adaa tried to process what she just now heard. After about two minutes, a small smile bloomed on her face and she gently covered her face, feeling a sense of strange happiness and freshness which surged through her nerves. She shook her head and looked at veer once again, forming a serious face.

"I am the stupid one... you repeatedly kept denying my words of how a girl and a boy can never be friends... " she sighed silently with a small smile and shook her head before continuing. "I am sorry.." she said and Veer stared at her totally taken aback. 

"I mean.. leave all that... veer.." Adaa shook her head biting her tongue. The fact that Zain and Bani were about to get hooked up gave her a hope, hope to get veer as hers!

Veer who was already so depressed, got more down due to Adaa's words. Yeah, it was true that a girl and boy definitely can remain best friends; it's actually a great bond. But here veer was head over heels for his Aani and the talks about friendship irritated him, without any particular reason.