Chapter 35: Appendicitis

~I know it's Wednesday, but I am so deep into this story. I can't resist myself. Also, I'm kind of sick right now. So I need something to take my mind off of my sickness.~

~WARNING! LONG!~

~Tuesday, March 3rd, (12:30 pm)~

~Small note: All procedures described in this chapter are factual procedures. The scope in the medical world is referred as a "esophagogastroduodenoscopy" or an EGD. The surgery is referred to as a "Appendectomy". I googled the procedure and all of the steps described are factual.~

Sebastian laid in the hospital bed. clutching the bowl close to him as Sean helped him hold it. He had thrown up quite a bit in the timespan of the last doctor visit. He tried to sleep, but the sharp pain in his lower left abdomen refused to let him. At this point, anything could trigger his gag reflex. Including breathing out of his mouth. Sebastian slumped in the bed, holding back tears. He couldn't talk because it made him nauseous. He felt like his stomach was inside out and his body was in an oven. A nurse came in the room with a thermometer and water.

"You okay?" The nurse put the water down, taking the bowl to empty it. Sebastian focused mainly on trying to keep his eyes open. Sebastian shook his head. She nodded.

"Can you open your mouth so I can take your temperature?" She asked. He nodded, opening his mouth. She put the thermometer under his tongue and waited for the beep. She looked at it, seeing he still had a high fever.

"Do you want water?" He nodded. She handed it to him. He drank it slowly. The doctor came in with the scoping equipment. He walked over to Sebastian and gave him the bowl.

"We're gonna spray a local anesthetic in the back of your throat, so you won't feel anything, and a nurse is going to give you an anesthetic in your arm." He told him. Sebastian nodded, squeezing his eyes shut as she put the medicine in his arm. He felt loopy immediately, trying to keep his eyes open. Sean held the bowl in front of Sebastian as the doctor sprayed the anesthetic in his mouth, causing Sebastian to gag and cough, making his eyes water.

"You okay?" He asked him, Sebastian coughed harder, trying not to throw up.

"Let it out Sebastian." He told him. Sebastian expelled 6 times, not being able to feel it leave his mouth. Which meant the numbing spray worked. Sebastian's eyes watered as he coughed. The doctor gave Sebastian a mouth guard to protect his teeth.

"This shouldn't be too painful, but lie on your left side." Sebastian whined, but turned over to his left side, closing his eyes. The anesthetic given to him made him very tired, but he tried to stay awake. He took the scope and looked at him.

"You ready?" He looked at him. He nodded. The doctor slipped the scope down Sebastian's esophagus, moving down slowly. Sebastian relaxed his throat, making it very difficult to swallow.

The doctor looked on the screen, seeing Sebastian's stomach and the upper duodenum. The nurse circled 3 points on the screen as the doctor went down. Biopsies were taken to be looked at under a microscope. He took out the scope slowly and carefully. He looked at Sebastian.