Chapter 30- Sisters and Gifts

Pictured: Ominis Gaunt's family home in Dublin, Ireland.

"Your sisters are expected to arrive soon. Your parents, however, did not give an estimated time of arrival. Communication has been spotty due to their travels," Ominis said to me.

"I do hope they come in time," I worried. I hadn't heard from my parents at all, although Ominis assured me his family had sent the proper correspondence.

Ominis cocked an eyebrow. "Would you have second thoughts if they were unable to make it?"

I shook my head. "No. No, this wedding is happening, I promise."

"I see." His nose pointed towards the driveway, ears listening for the sounds of carriages.

The Gaunt Estate loomed behind us like a big black shadow. It reminded me of Hogwarts quite a bit. The exterior and roof were both black, and had a pointy, gothic atmosphere about it. In the front was a long driveway and manicured hedges. was a striking home, and unsurprisingly not their only one. Ominis informed me his family had homes in Ireland, London, and a townhome in Paris, but that this one in Dublin, Ireland was their favorite.

Two horse-drawn carriages came into view behind the neat rows of trees. My heart beat a little faster knowing that my sisters were in there.

Kharis came out of her carriage first. She was the only one of us to inherit our father's chestnut brown hair, and it suited her perfectly. She was curious and bold, and much more comfortable in riding pants than a dress. When she was at Hogwarts, she had been sorted into Gryffindor.

"Prisma!" She threw her arms around me like a puppy happy to see its owner. "Who on earth said it was okay for the baby of the family to get married?"

She turned to Ominis. "And you are the man who has stolen my sister's heart. Pleasure to meet you, I am Kharis St. Cloud, Prisma's older sister by three years."

Kharis extended a warm welcoming hand to Ominis, who did not notice.

"Pleasure to meet you," Ominis replied.

Kharis smiled hesitantly. "A warm welcome is not complete without a handshake."

I cleared my throat awkwardly. "Ominis is blind."

Kharis blinked, letting her hand fall. "O-oh, pardon me." It was not often that Kharis was caught off guard. "Excuse my curiosity, but have you always been blind?"

I wanted to scold her for such a brash question, but Ominis didn't mind. "I have been blind since birth," Ominis replied calmly.

"Well, I'd certainly like to know more about that," Kharis said with wide gray eyes. "I've got a dozen questions to ask you later."

"Perhaps then I can take you up on that handshake as well."

I was amazed at how cordial Ominis was when talking to my blunt sister. Normally, he was a grouch- and I still saw a glimmer of irritation on his face every so often, but it was gone almost immediately.

Seraphina came out of the second carriage. She was the oldest, and most elegant. She had the beauty and grace of a swan and the charm of a piper. At Hogwarts, she had been in House Hufflepuff, where she met her husband Eddie Darling.

"Seraphina Darling," she curtseyed to Ominis, her blonde hair falling over her shoulder. "You are to be my brother in law, so you may call me Sera."

"Sera," I smiled at my oldest sister. When I was a child, I saw her as a goddess. I still kind of did. "Thank you for coming."

Sera's smile flickered like a candle. "My dear Prisma, you are pale."

"Am I?"

Her hand flew to my forehead to test my warmth. Ominis listened closely.