The Cattle Drive

Kendall was sitting outside of the camp's fire pit. They circled around the fire as she and the others listened to Darius's scary campfire story about a Tyrannosaurus Rex. However, his story isn't all scary to Kendall, she heard many scary stories about the T. Rex from other park employees, mostly from Owen. Ben would've been easily scared, but with Bumpy by his side, his fear subsided as he relaxed thanks to young Ankylosaurus. Yaz joined in, not because she wanted to, but because Kendall was there, and she has a scary story that interested Yaz. However, Darius wanted to go first to tell his story. So, they have to wait till he finishes.

However, as they waited, Val and Celestia had fallen fast asleep on Kendall's lap, clearly tired from a long day of playing. Hudson was also asleep, lying his head on Yaz's lap. He too was tired from playing. Stiggy, Redford, and Jester were resting close by, listening to Darius's story.

But unfortunately, he always gets interrupted by Brooklynn on numerous occasions like she needs to make some storage on her phone or telling him to start over. Kendall and Yaz shook their heads at Brooklynn, both agreeing that one of these days that she will lose her phone.

"Can this day get any worse?" Yaz asked in annoyance.

All of a sudden, a loud thunder crashes, scaring the campers, minus Kendall. That loud thunder woke the kids up in a startle along with Stiggy, Redford, and Jester. And in the process, it started raining hard, and the remaining campers and their animal companions fled for cover, losing interest in Darius' story and much to Darius' dismay. They quickly got inside to dry themselves while Kendall decided to make some hot cocoa, much to everyone's appreciation. But she did make warm milk for Ben since he doesn't like chocolate that much, much to the joy of the teen. Kendall and Yaz sat on the couch while Val, Celestia, and Hudson looked at the window, watching the rain pour down.

"This storm came out of nowhere." Yaz said, drinking her hot cocoa.

"Well, this island does get some tropical storms from time to time, but it will soon pass." Kendall answered causally.

"Oh, so...what's our schedule for tomorrow?" Yaz asked Kendall, drinking her cup of hot cocoa.

"From what I heard from Roxie and Dave; we're going to the gyrospheres." Kendall answered, taking a sip from her cocoa.

"Hmm, sounds fun." Yaz complimented.

"Yeah, though I'm curious how fast you can be on the gyrosphere since you're always fast on your feet."

Yaz gave Kendall a playful look, "Is that a challenge?"

"Well, considering you're fast in the track field, let's see if your fast in a gyrosphere, Fadoula." Kendall gave her a challenging yet playful look.

Yaz grins at Kendall, accepting her challenge, "Oh, it's on, Sembène."

Both girls laughed at their playful competitiveness. They both share a passion for training and sportsmanship. It felt like a kinship between the two, almost like sisters. But their laughter ceases to a halt when Sammy comes out of nowhere, frightening Yaz as she lets out a yelp while Kendall looks at Sammy in surprise.

"Whatcha girls laughing about?" Sammy asked them curiously.

Both Kendall and Yaz looked at Sammy then to each other and then back to Sammy, "It's nothing, Sammy, we're just being competitive."

"Ooo! Wow! You girls must be close friends!" Sammy said happily.

"...Yeeaaahhh...we are." Yaz answered truthfully yet awkwardly, uncomfortable with Sammy's presence.

"Is...there something you need?" Kendall asked Sammy.

Sammy then playfully scoffs a bit as she gently slaps her forehead, "Sorry, I'm such a ding-dong!"