Chapter 2

Rye didn't know what to say at first, she stared at him with her mouth slightly open. She'd just met Barry Allen, and she'd broken his heart from the feeling and looks of it. It was incredible, unbelievable, and scary all rolled into one big confusing ball. For his credit, Grady didn't say anything as she worked through everything that had just happened. First, she's given an opportunity to become financially stable, and she might even be able to go to college. Now, here this person was offering her entrance into fantasy land. Who doesn't fantasize about being sucked into their favorite show to interact with their favorite characters? Everyone does it, some just on different levels than others. It was insane though, to think she could just escape into a television show and forgot about her life here with her mother. Grady was watching her patiently, and when she looked him in the eyes, he smiled gently. She took a deep breath and motioned towards the television.

"Okay, please explain how that worked. Everyone knows that Barry Allen is in love with Iris, yet he said we were in engaged and it looked as if I broke his heart when I said I needed to think things through." Grady chuckled at her confusion and began his pitch.

"You would not live in any individual season or storylines. The basic premise of the series you love will still be there; only you will be inserted to the storyline. The storyline would fit around you and the people in that world would know you. Now, before you ask any more questions, please allow me to explain the rules." This was the part that Rye was dreading; there had to be some huge catch to being able to live in a tv show...even thinking that to herself was incredibly weird. She realized that he was waiting for her, so she nodded, and he smiled as he continued.

"You will be allowed to live in your chosen realm for a maximum of six months at a time. Now the six months will be very real in the story you want, but for each month you are gone there, only a day will pass here. Once your time frame is up, you must return until the fob turns colors and then if you wish, you may go back to the realm you were in or another one of your choosing. The fob will turn green when it is ready for you to use. It will turn pink alerting you that the time is closing in for you to return home, and you can then but once it turns red, you must. If you do not follow these rules or you decide to go back to one of your stories early, the fob will disappear as will the fortune you've been granted, and life will return to the way it was before you saw the ad and the opportunity would never present itself again. Call it an honor code if you will, I will not be here to guide you in and out of the realms, but we will know if it is abused." Rye stared at him as he began to outline the rules. Honestly, it wasn't that bad, but she could understand how someone would probably become addicted to being able to climb into one of their favorite stories to escape their reality. She eyed the device he held in his palm before speaking.

"I thought that you said the money was a freebie and I could keep it." He nodded and smiled kindly at her once more.

"You may keep it if you decline and you may also keep it if you accept and follow the rules. The draw of the other worlds is powerful, and it has taken down several people. However, if you master it and you follow the instructions...it's yours to keep...forever." Ryleigh was battling inside because she really wanted to accept the gift that was being handed to her. However, if she messed up, then the funds would be gone, and she'd be back where she started, in her own personal hell. It was all about willpower, she decided. She'd just have to follow the instructions to a T to make sure she didn't mess things up for her mother. She started to reach out for the fob but hesitated as she looked at him.

"What if I get where I am going, and I have questions, or I need help?" He nodded in understanding; he was definitely a man of minimal words. He observed and actually only spoke when spoken to, which he did just then.