Chapter 21

A/N:

Yes! Updated two stories in one day! 

Okay so we're about to have our first "Rule Break" coming up in the next chapter or two. The consequences aren't going to be pretty, but that's all I'll say.

That being said, we will be in the walking dead universe for another 3-4 chapters, depending on how long it takes me to wrap it up. 

Ryleigh will then be going back to Mystic Falls. For how long? I don't know. But I do know, she's not staying there forever (Yet? Idk lol) After TVD, it's one of three places.

1. Criminal Minds
2. Supernatural
3. Grey's Anatomy

Don't worry I have several more shows that she's going to visit, this is going to be a long and fun ride. If you have a preference and want to vote on the above three shows, please leave a comment! 

This chapter is NOT edited!

I said it in my previous story update, the editing sites are too rich for me at the moment, so this has only been proofread by me and edited by word. In a few weeks, I plan to go through it and really edit and fix any errors.

Because there's been such a LONG wait for an update on this story, I wrote an extra long chapter.
This chapter is 3,694 words. Enjoy!

 ________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 21

The five of them had been walking for what felt like forever. Ryleigh was walking slowly, stuck in her own thoughts, and not really paying attention to her surroundings. Daryl was in the front, talking lowly with Rick, but she didn't mind. She was happy to be alone with her thoughts after what had happened the previous night. Carl was being extremely cute with his need to make sure she was okay. She couldn't believe that this was the third show she'd jumped into and out of all of them, the one she'd become most attached to. TVD was her favorite and she knew she wanted to go back there and try again. She'd been too scared to let go but being in The Walking Dead had taught her to jump in and stop thinking. She'd had a near miss in all three, but this one was the worst. Being in a dystopian or apocalyptic environment would, of course, bring out the worst in people and she'd experienced it more than once in the short time she'd been there. It was hard to mark the time passing with no actual technology available, but she kept a close watch on the fob. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't realize that everyone had stopped, and she walked right into Michonne. The other woman placed her hands gently on her arms and bent down slightly to look at her. "Rye, honey, are you okay?" Heat flooded her cheeks as she realized that they were all looking at her now. She gave Michonne a small smile and nodded. "Sorry," Ryleigh began. "I was in my own little world." Michonne returned her smile and let her go to walk over to where Daryl and Rick stood, discussing their next move. Ryleigh didn't need to help strategize so she walked over to where Carl was digging through his pack. "Hey, bud, you doing, okay?" He looked up at her with a small frown, before digging in his pack. "Yeah, I'm looking for my hoodie. I know I packed it and it's chilly." Ryleigh bit her lip as she tried to stop herself from giggling. She untied the hoodie he'd let her borrow earlier from her waist and held it out to him.

"Do you mean this hoodie, Carl?" He glanced back up at her and chuckled, taking it from her. "I forgot I gave it to you." He said with a laugh. "Are you sure you don't need it?" Rye waved him off and was silent as he slipped it over his head. She jumped when strong arms snaked around her waist and pulled her close. She could feel Daryl's breath on her neck as he leaned down to whisper in her ear. "How you doin, Darlin?" he asked her quietly. "Don't say you're okay, please tell me the truth." Ryleigh sighed heavily as she turned in his arms, slipping her arms around his neck, causing him to pull her closer. She lowered her head to his chest and took a deep breath. "I was so scared." She whispered into his shirt. He squeezed her to him and kissed the top of her head. "Hey, nothing is going to happen to you while I'm around, you understand? Last night was close, but nothing like that will ever happen again." Ryleigh lifted her head then and looked up at him with a small smile. "My hero," she said quietly, causing him to chuckle. Without thinking, she stood up on her toes and pressed her lips to his. He immediately responded and gave her a long and intimate kiss that took her breath away. When they pulled away, he rested his head on hers once more. They were interrupted when a throat cleared next to them. They turned their head and found Rick and Michonne both smirking at them. Rick nodded at Daryl and smiled at Ryleigh as he said, "We should get a move on."