Chapter Seven

The following day, while Micky assisted Hunith in preparing lunch, the rest of the household remained enveloped in slumber. Gaius had departed earlier for his daily duties. A soft, rhythmic tapping resonated from the living room door, catching Micky's attention.

Standing on the other side was a woman of considerable height, measuring 5'9". Her honey-blonde tresses cascaded in an artfully disheveled manner, with one side gently tucked behind her ear. The woman's eyes, a captivating blend of hazel with subtle grey flecks, scanned the surroundings, momentarily questioning if she had arrived at the correct abode. Gracefully, she voiced her uncertainty, "Apologies, I believe I may have mistaken this cottage for another."

With a spark of recognition, Micky responded, realizing the visitor's identity. "Clarice? You are Clarice Biggley, am I correct?"

The woman nodded, a gentle smile adorning her features. Curiosity sparked within her as she sought to unravel Micky's identity. "And you are...?"

A burst of excitement and shenanigans propelled his voice to reach the furthest corners of the house, "Mordecai! There's a Clarice Biggley here to see you!" The commotion stirred the remaining residents from their slumber, their curiosity piqued by the unexpected visitor.

Mordecai hurriedly emerged from his room, determined to reach the living room door before his mother. Simultaneously, Morgana swiftly emerged from her own room, compelled by the unfolding commotion. Prudy, with an insistence fueled by spirit of inquiry, seized Ciara's hand and ushered her out of the room, ensuring they didn't miss a moment of the unfolding events. Sage and Buttercup trailed behind, their interest mirroring that of the other.

Alas, Mordecai's efforts were in vain, for by the time he arrived, his mother, Hunith, had already reached the living room door, her presence claiming the forefront of the encounter.

Morgana, Ciara, Prudy, Sage, Buttercup, Arcwick, Warwick, and the Ickies stood in anticipation as Clarice entered the cottage. The atmosphere was charged with nosiness and a hint of tension. All eyes were fixed on the interaction between Clarice and Hunith.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Hampton. I am Clarice Biggley, intended bride of Mordecai," Clarice announced to Hunith. In response, Hunith cordially invited her, saying, "Do come inside, Clarice."

Hunith greeted Clarice with a warm smile, gesturing for her to step further into the living room. "Do come inside, Clarice," she invited.

Clarice gracefully entered the cottage, her presence commanding attention. She glanced around, taking in the curious gazes directed at her. Her hazel eyes, flecked with hints of grey, met with the inquisitive stares of the onlookers.

Morgana stood beside Mordecai, her expression full of skepticism. She could not believe he was really getting married. Ciara, Prudy, Sage, Buttercup, Arcwick, and Warwick were equally captivated by the unfolding scene, their minds racing with questions.

"I have always wanted to meet you, Mrs Hampton. Mordecai always said he would bring me but at the perfect time, but I just couldnt wait anymore. I just had to meet you after all the wonderful things he told me about you." Clarice said, her voice carrying an air of elegance and poise.

"Is that so?" Hunith gave Mordecai a quick you-are-still-in-trouble look before smiling at Clarice.

Morgana observed the interaction with a keen eye, her expression unreadable. "Kiss-ass," She muttered under her breath.

"Let me get you some tea," Hunith said and went to the kitchen.

While Hunith went to the kitchen to prepare tea, Mordecai seized the opportunity to have a conversation with Clarice. "This is not what we agreed on," he whispered.