Chapter Ten

As Arc and Warwick scoured each chamber in their relentless search for Johnwick, Fizzwick, Gaius, and Hunith, their anxiety intensified upon witnessing Donald's astounding transformation. With a renewed sense of urgency, they hastened their steps, their minds filled with concern for their loved ones.

Arriving at the throne room, they were met with a distressing sight. Ciara, Prudy, Donald, and Nicholas lay motionless, victims of their encounter with Baltimore. The unconscious figures were being forcefully dragged away by a group of Baltimore's soldiers, headed towards the dark depths of the dungeon.

Without a moment's hesitation, Arc and Warwick pursued them. Stealthily trailing behind, they skillfully navigated the labyrinthine corridors, evading detection and silently closing in on their quarry.

Finally, they arrived at the entrance of the dungeon, their hearts pounding with a mix of trepidation and determination. Peering through the shadows, they beheld the familiar faces of Johnwick, Fizzwick, Gaius, and Hunith, trapped behind the unforgiving bars of their prison cells.

Brimming with a surge of determination, Arc and Warwick formulated a plan. With swift and precise movements, they incapacitated the guards who stood in their path, freeing their family members from their shackles.

"Arcwick, Warwick, my sons," Johnwick addressed his children with a mix of concern and relief. "Baltimore deceived me. His intentions of signing a treaty were nothing but lies," he revealed, his voice heavy with disappointment.

"Father, we've surpassed that realization. The situation has escalated far beyond mere diplomacy," Warwick responded to his father's revelation. "What is wrong with them?" He asked Gaius as he freed him from his chains.

Gaius, casting a spell directed at the still unconscious figures, unleashed a burst of magical energy that revived them. Their eyes fluttered open, gradually regaining awareness of their surroundings.

As the group slowly recovered, their senses returning to them, Arc spoke with calm determination. "Gaius, I trust your judgment. Please ensure their safety. We still have a pressing matter to attend to-putting an end to Baltimore."

Gaius simply nodded in acknowledgment and leaned closer to Ciara, whispering a few words that brought a spark of recognition to her recovering gaze. With Arc holding Ciara in his arms and Warwick carrying Prudy, the two brothers swiftly made their way out of the dungeon. They could not wait until they fully regained conscious as time was running out.

With perplexed expressions, Nicholas and Donald observed as two young men swiftly carried their daughters, Ciara and Prudy, out of the dungeon.

Meanwhile, in the city square, Mordecai, Morgana, Sage, and Buttercup successfully overcame the soldiers who stood as guards around the sacred altar. Their combined efforts and knowledge of magic allowed them to unleash a barrage of spells, each one aimed at dismantling the powerful enchantment that shielded the altar.

Mordecai and Morgana employed every incantation and arcane technique at their disposal to weaken the enchantment's hold. The air crackled with energy as their spells mingled with the ambient magic of The Luminara Moon, their focus unwavering as they sought to breach the mystical defenses.

"I just had a crazy idea," Sage's voice broke through the chaos, her words laced with a touch of madness and determination. Gathering all her strength, amplified by the extraordinary power bestowed upon her by the ring, she let out a resounding roar. In a display of sheer force, she thrust her fist forward, piercing through the mystical barrier that enshrouded the altar. With an explosive burst, the enchantment shattered, fragments of its power dispersing into the night.

The timing could not have been more impeccable. As the resonant echoes of Sage's mighty punch reverberated through the square, The Luminara Moon reached its zenith, casting a mesmerizing blue radiance that bathed every corner of the city in its ethereal glow. The once formidable altar now lay broken, its influence fractured and dispersed into the night air.