[Chapter Two]: L/N Blood Spilt

M/N = Mother Name

"Y/N! Y/N! Y/N, please wake up!"

"The first thing I remember hearing after that encounter was my mother's worried voice, pleading for me to open my eyes. My mother cared a lot about me, and that concern was probably amplified since I was her second youngest child. After all, I was born minutes before Carbon was.

I don't really remember what I was expecting to see when I opened my eyes. Would I be in the warm comforts of my bed? Would I be somewhere else, like the home of whoever saved me? I don't know."

Y/N slowly opened his eyes, a feeling of fatigue still plaguing his entire body. The first thing he saw was the amber eyes of his mother, which, despite the circumstances, calmed him down rather quickly. He still felt shocked from the events of (he assumed it was, though he had no clue how long he'd been unconscious) the night prior, but seeing his mother sent a feeling of comfort through his body.

"M/N!" Y/N suddenly exclaimed, his eyes watering, before he attempted to lean forward to give her a hug. 

But his body didn't allow him to, and his attempt at doing so simply led to him falling back onto his bed, which he just noticed. It was warm and comfortable, far more than it usually did. He wasn't used to waking up like this, after such a stressful encounter, so he assumed that it felt better because of that.

"You need to rest, darling," M/N told him, placing her hand on top of his.

"Rest?" Y/N chuckled at the thought. "No way, I've gotta do my usual errands!" 

"No, you need to rest," she repeated, smiling gently at him, though there was definitely some passive aggressiveness in those words. "That means no more errands, no more going out, no more anything until you get better. Is that understood?" She made eye contact with him for a few seconds, and Y/N felt the natural instinct to follow what she said.

"Yes, Mother," Y/N said, though there was a bit of reluctance behind it.

"Mother always had her own unique talent to get her way. I don't know how she always managed to do it, but even the most powerful of men probably wouldn't be able to make her change her mind on something. If she was determined to do something, then she was either going to accomplish it, or accomplish it.

From a young age, I had already learnt that women were... scarily powerful. Or maybe it was just my mother, seeing as I barely interacted with any woman that wasn't her. But she was extraordinary in my eyes. I had never seen such a cool person before. I'm more than certain that ever since I was young, I saw her as my hero. My idol. My everything, pretty much.

My mother always told me something. She always told me that I was exceptionally handsome, and that when I grew up to be a fine young man, all of the girls would be chasing me. I didn't really believe it, though, and just treated all of that as a joke. I don't really know if I'm handsome or not, I'm not into men so I wouldn't know.

If I am handsome, then I must've gotten those beautiful looks from my mother. I loved her amber eyes, her long H/C hair, her clear and soft skin... Again, she was amazing to me! My idol, my hero! 

My mother was always there for me. Whenever I felt down, whenever I felt lonely, whenever I felt like I didn't fit in, she never hesitated to come in and boost my emotions so that I was more cheerful. 

My father was the one who taught me how to be physically strong, how to tap into my potential. He was the one to teach me how to properly use my body. And my mother was the one who taught me how to be mentally strong, to never allow my negative emotions to get the better of me. I can shamefully say that I have disappointed her by failing to use what I was taught."