[Chapter Five]: Y/N's Blade

Y/N walked down a path that was surrounded by wisteria trees. There was a bit of a stumble with every step, but he knew that he'd recover quickly, albeit his broken hand would take some time. It was apparent that he'd made it, after killing so many Demons. He had made it, and he was going to become a Demon Slayer shortly.

That thought was giving him more hope, and he found himself dashing down the path, desperate to get this over and done with. He needed as much time as he could get; he needed to grow as strong as his body would let him so that he could defeat and slaughter Obanai Iguro. The more time, the better. 

He'd already made somewhat significant progress, compared to how he was a few years prior. His stamina, speed, and overall abilities had improved greatly, and with his use of his new and unique Breathing Style, he was sure he'd be able to surpass Iguro eventually, though he wasn't certain that it would happen over just one night.

It was honestly a beautiful sight to see after fighting for so long in that cursed woods. Instead of the constant stench of rotting bodies and blood, there was a relieving smell here, which was making his wounds hurt less. At least, that was how he felt. Iguro wouldn't care about how he felt, though.

The next thing Y/N knew, he found himself in the middle of a small group of other people, a distance between all of them, surrounded by the wisteria trees, a pedestal in front of them. He found it concerning that only five out of at least twenty survived, though he recalled his father saying that he was the sole survivor of a twenty-person group.

Y/N gazed at his fellow survivors, recognising two of them to be the boys he saw from prior to the 'test'. One of them appeared to be red-haired, his rather large forehead showing, which had a blood-stained bandage over it. His eyes were a dark red, and was covered in dirt and scrapes and bruises, obviously from Final Selection. He could sense that... this boy was good.

The other boy he recognised was a boy with short yellow hair, that had varying lengths, and eyes that faded from soft-brown to a golden colour. There was also a sense of fear radiating off of the boy, especially from the eyes. It was both a peculiar, yet understandable, feeling for him to have, which made Y/N slightly concerned for his well-being. 

He noticed a girl that stood out, mainly because she was the only female here. She was short, with thin black hair and large, gentle eyes, which comforted Y/N partially just from the sight of them. Her hair seemed to be fastened by some kind of butterfly ornament, which was green and pink.

And finally, the final boy was short and had slanted eyes. Y/N noticed that the boy had his eyebrows constantly furrowed, which was giving him the impression that he was more of an angry type of guy. There was a large and jagged scar that ran across his cheek and over his nose. He also had only one clump of black hair remaining on his head. 

"Welcome back," said the two twins in sync, gaining Y/N's attention. He looked away from his fellow 'Demon Slayers' (it wasn't really official yet), and up at the pedestal, where the girls stood. 

"Congratulations," said the white-haired one. 

"We're pleased to see that you have returned safely," said the black-haired one. 

"So? What am I supposed to do now?" the angry-looking boy spoke up, facing the twins. His voice was vaguely familiar to Y/N, but he had zero clue where he'd heard someone speak like him. "Where's my sword?"

"First, we shall issue you all uniforms," said the white-haired girl. "We will take your measurements, after which your rank will be engraved."

"There are ten ranks in all..." the black-haired girl explained. 

"Kinoe."

"Kinoto."

"Hinoe."

"Hinoto."