[Chapter Fourteen]: Reignited Resolve!

"Am I really weak, Ghost?" he asked his cat, looking down at him, as his energy slowly began to diminish. "Am I really not the same person I was before?"

"Meow."

"It's great that you came back, Ghost, but I told you to leave. To be free. I don't want you here," Y/N stated, concern in his voice. "I wanted you to be safe in the wilderness, doing whatever you wanted to do with your life."

"Meow meow. Meow meow meow."

"Don't tell me you were following me this entire time...?"

"...Meow."

"Ghost, I told you...!" Y/N said loudly, annoyed. "I told you to be free! Why'd you follow me?"

"Meow!"

"And did you bring Zion along!?"

"...Meow."

"Ghost! It's not safe for you to be here!" Y/N shouted.

"...Meow," Ghost let out a meow before he ran off into some nearby bushes, as Y/N stared at him, not knowing whether he left to get something or he just genuinely ran off for his own safety. Either way, Y/N could flee no—

"Ngh!" he let out in pain, for he had just attempted to stand up to sprint off so that Ghost wouldn't be able to follow him, but his body was far too weak for him to make a single movement, causing him to fall back to one knee. The poison seemed like it had spread across his entire body, and now he had no choice but to wait for the 'help' that Zion said would be coming. "...Did I give up too easily?" 

He let out a gasp as a sudden pain burst throughout his body, making him collapse onto his chest. Y/N couldn't think straight; his vision was being blinded by a blur and all he could register at this point was that he was on the brink of death. Death was knocking on his door right now, and he had no hope of escaping it this time.

His eyes shut as darkness enveloped his vision, and the pain faded away whilst his body became still.

...

A loud bang boomed in the air after Zion pulled the trigger; Obake however had swiftly evaded and hid behind a tree as cover. Zion hastily reloaded his gun as he slowly approached said tree, wary of the fact that he had no idea when Obake would be coming out to attack. He kept a finger steady on the trigger as he held his gun tightly; any wrong move here and he would be down for the count.

As much as he was loathing the current Y/N right now, Zion still had to admit that Y/N was probably capable of beating him in a one-on-one, so the fact that he had fallen to this Demon made his nerves rise a bit. Nevertheless it wasn't like he had a choice; somebody had to stop this  Demon and it certainly wouldn't be Y/N. 

Then the moment he had been awaiting came; Obake leapt from the coverage of the tree and began to circle around the small clearing they were in at a fast pace, making it hard for Zion to get a proper shot. The white-haired man gritted his teeth as his eyes narrowed in concentration, trying to have perfect aim to land this shot. 

"Oh, screw this," Zion muttered to himself as his grip on the gun tightened further. "Gun For All: Second Form." As he uttered these words, he took out one of the bullets from the gun and replaced it with a different type of bullet. The main difference in appearance was the silvery colour and the bronze indentation of a spiral on the sides. "Bullet Mania!" 

And with that, he pointed the gun in the air above him and pulled the trigger, firing the bullet. It shot up into the air and then suddenly exploded, creating a smokecloud. However, whilst it was impossible to see exactly what was happening, there were the sounds of multiple objects zooming through the air, accompanied by the later noises of trees falling over.