4. I Love You

''You are that Eve girl, right?'' A brother of sin who I'd never seen before asked, while Rain and I were taking a walk in the forest. The forest was usually quiet, so the fact that there were 5 other siblings of sin there was very unusual.

''Yes, I'm Eve. Why?'' ''Why did you steal from Papa?'' The same brother of sin asked me. He was just as tall as Rain, and something in his emerald green eyes told me that he didn't have good intentions. ''I didn't.'' I just simply said. Rain grabbed my hand in an attempt to get away. ''Let's go Eve, they don't know you, nor your story.''

''Oh we know her! She's the spy! Rain, you must be really dumb to trust her.'' A sister of sin said. Rain and I kept walking, trying to ignore the bullies.

Suddenly, I felt something hard hitting the back of my head, followed by laughter of the 5 siblings of sin. Rain and I quickly turned around, only to see that they had picked up some little rocks from the ground to throw at me.

I could see Rain's eyes through his mask, they were filled with anger. He breathed in and out before making his way back to the bullies, standing eye to eye with the green eyed leader of the group. ''What did you do to my girlfriend?'' Rain said, as he moved even closer to the bully, his body language being as intimidating as he could be. There was nothing left of the shy ghoul I once knew. ''WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY GIRLFRIEND?'' Rain's voice was deep with a slight rasp in it. The bully just nervously laughed. ''You mean that filthy lying bitch over there?''

Rain's anger had grown so much that he wasn't able to control himself anymore. He grabbed the bully's throat, and pushed him down to the ground. ''Say what you want about me. But don't you dare say something like that about my girlfriend.'' He said, as he tightened his grip on the bully's throat.

The remaining bullies were too shocked to move. The green eyed bully tried to speak with all of the air that was left inside of him. ''Go- right now!'' The rest of the group of the siblings of sin all ran away, scared of the angry ghoul.

''What's that smell? Did you- did you just seriously poop your pants?'' Rain asked the bully, while he quickly let go of him. The bully just nodded, got up, and ran away as fast as he could. ''Oh my Satan, he- he just shat his pants!'' Rain said, full of disbelief, confusion, and slightly disgusted. I couldn't keep in my laughter. ''Yes, he definitely shat his pants. He got what he deserved, thank you, Rain. I really needed to laugh after that.''

Rain wrapped his arms around me. ''No one will ever hurt you again as long as I'm by your side.'' His voice was a lot softer than it was only a few moments ago. The angry ghoul was totally gone, just like the confused and disgusted him. He had transformed into his wholesome self again after going through too many emotions in just a few seconds.

''I love you, Eve.''

''I love you too, Rain.''

We continued our walk in the forest. Rain was holding my hand a lot tighter than he did before our confrontation with the bullies. It made me feel protected. It was nice to be with someone who fully believed that it wasn't me. Who trusted me, because he just knew that I didn't do it.

''I can't believe that so many people think it's me. I mean, I would never do that. Don't they know how much this church has helped me?'' Rain shook his head. ''Nope, because they don't know you at all.'' ''In fact,'' I continued, ''I think I would like to help the church with finding out who did it, because of how much they've helped me.'' Rain shook his head once again. ''No, no, that is a terrible idea. Not all ghouls are nice, and well, you just saw what we are capable of doing.''

''Making people shit their pants?''

''Exactly! I would rather be in your pants if they weren't full of shit.''

''Rain!'' He smirked at me with a playful look in his eyes. ''I'm sorry. But on a more serious note. Please don't try to find out who did it. I'm warning you for your own safety.'' ''I can't promise you anything.'' I said, while I sat down at the bench next to the lake. It was so quiet here, that the only thing I could hear was the wind softly blowing through the leaves of the trees.

''I just really want to do something for this church. I don't have to go down in history, but just so that people know that they can trust me.'' ''Don't worry,'' Rain said, while he sat down next to me, ''I'm sure that you'll go down just like Holy Mary one day.'' ''What?'' ''Down in history I meant! Wait... What did you think that I meant?'' I was quiet for a second. ''I- uh- nevermind.'' I could feel my face getting red. ''Oh, you're not as innocent as I thought you were, huh?'' Rain said, as he moved his face closer to mine. His lips were forming a playful smile, in a way that wasn't innocent. ''Hm, you're cute when you're blushing like this.'' He planted a small kiss onto my lips.

''I'm always cute.'' I responded. Rain looked at me, from top to toe. Once he was finally done taking in the sight, he came up with a conclusion. ''Yes, that is true. You are very, very, cute, and beautiful, and perfect, and-'' ''Okay! I get it! You like me. That's good because I like you too. A lot. But I just can't feel alright knowing that there is a thief somewhere out here. And that everyone is blaming me for it. And that Aether and Sunshine are in hell. It's all just... A lot to deal with right now.'' Rain grabbed my hand with both of his hands, while he gazed upon the lake in front of us. The water was shimmering in the sunlight. ''Yes, it is a lot. Do you have any suspects?''

''Pastor Robertson?''

''Nah, he wouldn't dare to ever come back here.''

''That Phantom ghoul also seems suspicious to me.'' I suggested. ''I mean, he walked right past me while I was cleaning the bathroom. That was after I had cleaned Papa's room, so my key must have been stolen around that time.''

Rain let out a small sigh. ''Eve, you can't just accuse him without having proof.'' ''Then let's go get some proof.'' I said, while I stood up from the bench. ''You mean that you want to break into his room?'' Rain asked, still sitting on the bench. ''Yes!'' ''There's no way I'm going to help you with that. You barely know this ghoul, what if he does something to you?'' ''And that's why I'm bringing you with me! For protection!'' Rain just awkwardly laughed at me. ''No, no, Eve. You can't just break into people's rooms because they are suspicious.''

Rain's warnings were pointless against my stubbornness. ''Fine, then I'll take someone else with me for protection.''