Day 5

It was a hot weekend day and God knows how much I hate those.

I who would never think of going out in such a weather did not like the fact that I had to stay home and wait for Hazel's text.

After all she was going on a date with that man.

Since I was pissed I started writing on my notes how much I hate that man and I know that he was not serious about her and would end up hurting her.

Yet Hazel's common sense was damaged after going through a lot and she ended up with such an irresponsible friend like me who would not dare telling her a single thing

I tried giving her hints before but since he was the man by her side when she got cheated on , even though I was there for her too I think she would still feel empty.

Why would anyone use someone's weakness against them if they truly care for them ?

He knew just how hurt she was , losing her boyfriend and bestfriend in the same week.

She was also struggling with her health physically and mentally that's probably why she could not tell that she was being manipulated by him.

I have never felt so useless in my whole life.

All I did was listening to her talk about how nice he was.

Those conversations came to and end only one month later and I was very glad.

After breaking up with him , she started getting a little better.

Hazel and I became bestfriends and it's not like she had a choice.

After a while I met her mother and sisters , they were all nice people and I was happy since it made me feel a little closer to her.

Hazel and I opened up more and more to each other , starting from our messed up childhood to those we loved and death took away from us.

She told me all of her pain and I told her most of mine too.

We embraced each other's pasts and it made our bond way stronger than before.

But then I left her alone.

I can not remember the reason , I actually did not have one.

I was just the casual toxic introverted friend who ghosts those he loves for no reason.

I just find my life so much easier without social media.

We did not talk for about two months before I finally texted her back.

She was obviously pissed off of me but she still talked to me.

I was very happy and wished for what we had to last forever.

Just like that another year came to and end.

A new semester was about to start and my lazy nature prevented me from going on the first day.

I regret it.

Because Hazel was stolen away from me.

I was on the phone with her when she walked into the class.

We would call each other every single day and it was the best part of my days.

I heard her talking to another girl who randomly asked about something related to our studies.

Back then I did not care less but when I went to college next morning that girl that I would like to call 'Lilith' was sticking too close to my Hazel.

She would not leave us alone and I hated it.

It looked like she had no friends and even though I was there before I could not sympathize with her at all because when I was there I knew my place but her , she did not.

At first I did not say a single thing because I thought she would eventually realize that she does not belong with us.

Don't get me wrong I would not mind hanging out with her from time to time but she was with us from the moment we set foot into that college until the moment we leave.

That was too much for me to handle.

She even got Hazel's phone number and would call her pretty much everyday.

How is that normal ? they were just classmates and just met , did I miss something ? I do not know.

I probably started changing since that time.

Lilith was not just a classmate she was the enemy who was trying to steal my Hazel and I would not allow it.

I was so bothered that I told Hazel about it.

She said that I was exaggerating and that the innocent Lilith was just a classmate and does not mean any harm.

She even told Hazel about her private life how is that a classmate ?

*I HAD TO TAKE A BREAK AND A DEEP BREATH BEFORE I CONTINUED WRITING BECAUSE JUST REMEMBERING HER MAKES ME SO ANGRY*

I would never deny how childish I reacted and even now if I get to go back in time I would most likely react the exact same way.

Hazel and I had less and less private time , sometimes she would lie to Lilith for my sake and tell her that she did not arrive yet so that we can spend some time together before she gets to interrupt us.

Not like we had a specific thing in mind that we wanted to talk about but anything Hazel had to say I would definitely enjoy it.

She would tell me about the new fanfic she started reading and even though I had no interest in K pop I would ask her for the story's name so that I can read it and then be able to discuss it with her later on.

I even listened to many of her favorite songs and actually liked them even though I could not understand what they were about , I knew she had a great taste in music so of course whatever she picks would be great.

Those were some good times but then the storm started.

How many fights did we have because of that Lilith since I lost count.

All I could remember was the both of us left alone in that empty classroom , Hazel looked so pissed and kept moving her phone roughly all over the table while I sat few feet away from her doing nothing.

I knew she was going to talk but I wished she would not.

Because Hazel knew very well that I was the type of person who tends to run away from everything.

''Are we seriously going to keep this up ?''

Hazel sounded mad , I tried not to look towards her direction because I already started crying.

I did not know how to let her know that I love her and can not bear watching her get closer to someone else.

I saw things she did not see , Lilith obviously thought of her as a best friend , she would tell her all about her love life , family and everything else.

Of course I tried to avoid it all but Hazel was not willing to stop bringing that up , she wanted me to put an end to my childish attitude that has been tiring her more and more lately and I knew that I would not be able to do that.

When I turned to see her my heart ached and I could not believe that I made Hazel cry...