Chapter 3

Getting rich overnight was impossible.

Perhaps Yuan Huaijing's singleness wasn't worth much, and Fang Mo, being the debtor, had to continue working diligently.

At exactly nine o'clock in the morning, Yuan Huaijing appeared in the office with Zhao Yan as usual. He exuded an extraordinary aura, cold as an iceberg. Fang Mo knew she had to report to him about some matters later, and there was no escaping that.

However, as a person well-versed in the second-dimensional world, Fang Mo considered mind-reading as a mere trifle!

Compared to petrification spells, celestial magic, and time reversals, mind-reading was insignificant.

Even if someone suddenly told her that she was chosen as a magical girl, Fang Mo would not be afraid!

Yes, that was just a trivial matter!

Once she calmed down, Fang Mo started contemplating the impact this ability would have on her. After spending half a day, she finally figured out how mind-reading worked.

Just like her initial wish, she could really hear and only hear the thoughts of Yuan Huaijing. However, through her repeated and subtle testing, she discovered that this ability had a range.

Fang Mo could only hear within approximately one meter of Yuan Huaijing. Once she moved beyond that distance, everything went back to normal, without any changes.

This discovery brought Fang Mo a sigh of relief.

Thank goodness, she didn't want to constantly hear another person's thoughts, especially someone as contrasting as Yuan Huaijing!

Yesterday, due to the shock, Fang Mo didn't carefully consider whether there was anything unusual in Yuan Huaijing's thoughts. But when she stood behind the big boss, watching him attentively listen to the work report, all she could hear in his mind was, "What should I have for lunch?"

Fang Mo: "..."

The daily three questions of a working person, "What to have for breakfast, lunch, and dinner," were surprisingly relatable to Yuan Huaijing.

Furthermore, Yuan Huaijing's absence throughout the entire day made Fang Mo speculate whether he had something important to attend to. But the result... was this?!

She discreetly checked and found out that the MRG tournament was not held in the country. It would take approximately four hours round-trip by plane, and the tournament itself lasted about four hours. It was quite exhausting to rush back and forth within a single day. It can be said that only true fans would go to such lengths.

As for why she didn't assume that Yuan Huaijing watched the livestream from home, that was purely coincidental.

In finals like these, besides broadcasting the match, occasional shots of the audience were shown.

Among them, seated in the third row, was a man wearing a mask and a cap that covered his face completely. He instantly caught Fang Mo's attention.

If Fang Mo didn't know in advance that Yuan Huaijing might be among the audience, she probably wouldn't have paid much attention to this scene. There were plenty of people with similar physiques. But once she knew, Fang Mo could vouch for it with her own integrity!

That guy was undoubtedly Yuan Huaijing!

"One month."

Yuan Huaijing's sudden remark interrupted Fang Mo's wandering thoughts. He furrowed his brow and issued a command. It was now the second day of September, with only one month left in this quarter. If this department couldn't meet the requirements for three consecutive quarters, he would not hesitate to change the leadership.