Chapter 41-42

Chapter 41

When Yuan Yian informed Yuan Huaijing that Fang Mo would come to watch his piano competition, Yuan Huaijing's initially irritated mood, caused by those annoying old-timers in the company, suddenly improved.

However, when he learned that his brother would also be going, his mood dropped a notch. It seemed like the imagined private time between the two of them had no hope. He couldn't possibly stop his own brother from watching his own son's competition, right?

But it's okay!

Yuan Huaijing's eyes brightened. He could sit with Fang Mo during the competition, and that could still be considered as their own private world!

So, on the day of the competition, Yuan Huaijing pushed Yuan Huaiyan and arrived at the spectator area, while Fang Mo took Yuan Yian directly to the backstage preparation area.

Yuan Huaijing:...

This is completely different from what I imagined!

But he couldn't just leave Yuan Huaiyan at this moment and go find Fang Mo to stick together. He could only look gloomy and watch the competition on the stage, listening to the piano sounds that seemed tasteless to him.

Without Fang Mo in the first hour, life had no meaning. The bored Yuan Huaijing started to daydream and count sheep.

He couldn't sleep, couldn't play with his phone. It would be seen as impolite. In a place like this, where many people were present and acquaintances could easily appear, Yuan Huaijing naturally had to maintain his image.

Without Fang Mo in the second hour, Yuan Huaijing's left hand and right hand started playing rock-paper-scissors.

Without Fang Mo in the third...

"Mr. Yuan?"

At this moment, Fang Mo's voice was like a divine sound, instantly dispelling the boredom.

"Aren't you supposed to be backstage with Yian?"

Yuan Huaijing didn't even notice how sour his words sounded. Fortunately, Fang Mo didn't think too much about it and quickly explained, "Yian will perform in the next round. He asked me to come here and listen."

Since it was the child's request, Fang Mo naturally listened.

After explaining this, Fang Mo looked towards Yuan Huaiyan, who was sitting beside her, and greeted him, "Mr. Yuan, hello."

"Hello, Miss Fang." Yuan Huaiyan's tone was gentle. Unable to bow due to his current condition, he could only lower his head and say, "I really appreciate your care for Yian."

After Yuan Huaiyan woke up, he learned about Fang Mo mostly from Yuan Huaijing, and the rest was naturally from Yuan Yian himself.

Because Yuan Yian had to attend school for the majority of the time and couldn't freely appear at the hospital like Yuan Huaijing, coupled with Yuan Huaiyan's need for ample rest, the father and son didn't have much time together.

However, in this limited time, the words "Sister Fang" were the most frequently heard by Yuan Huaiyan from his son's mouth.

"Sister Fang took me to the amusement park, it was so much fun! Dad, after you get better, can we go there together with Anan?"

"Sister Fang likes watching animated films. She has lots and lots of little dolls at her home! I want to give her a big one on her birthday!"

"Sister Fang is also good at paper cutting. She does it like this, swish swish! So amazing!"

Yuan Huaiyan watched with delight as Yuan Yian danced and shared these anecdotes. He genuinely felt grateful to Fang Mo.

Four years, for an eight-year-old child, already accounted for half of their life. Moreover, in Yuan Huaiyan's memory, Yuan Yian was a quiet and sensible child who never made excessive demands or threw tantrums like most three or four-year-olds.