Chapter 29-30

Chapter 29

Azul has officially been adopted by Yuan Huaijing!

Ever since Yuan Huaijing found Azul and realized that the cat was most likely lost rather than abandoned, he had someone search around the neighborhood and other places for the cat's owner.

Due to the rarity of black cat owners and the fact that Azul was a purebred, it only took about a week for them to find the original owner through photos.

Just as Yuan Huaijing was contemplating whether he could use money to assert dominance like the arrogant CEOs in TV dramas, the cat's owner didn't give him that opportunity.

"I originally spent 11,000 yuan to buy it, and with the vet bills, cat food, toys, and everything else, it adds up to about 5,000 or 6,000 yuan. Give me 15,000 yuan, and the cat is yours. You can have all the cans of food and such as well."

These were the words spoken by Azul's original owner to the person who found her at the time. This girl lived in an apartment next to the neighborhood and had initially wanted to get a cat to keep her company after seeing how well-behaved and adorable cats were online.

She specifically chose a black cat that was different from the typical ragdoll or orange cats, thinking it would be cool. But she soon discovered that owning a cat was much more troublesome than she anticipated.

Her job as a livestreamer paid well but was equally demanding. She had irregular sleep patterns and often worked overtime. If the cat got sick and needed to go to the vet, she would have to take time off work. But in the livestreaming industry, it was difficult to take frequent leaves of absence.

She thought about selling the cat, but no one was willing to buy it due to the high price. And she couldn't bear to abandon it either. When she realized the cat had run away on its own, she didn't know whether to feel sorry or relieved.

This time, she called the person who found the cat, thinking she might be able to get back some of her investment.

"Mr. Yuan, in my opinion, if we negotiate a bit, she would be willing to sell."

The subordinate in charge of this matter communicated with Yuan Huaijing on the phone. It was clear that the girl didn't want the cat anymore, and she might be willing to settle for a few thousand yuan. If he could recover some of the cost, it would be better than nothing.

"No need, give it to her."

How could he offer a discount on his Azul? It was just 15,000 yuan. Yuan Huaijing was more than happy to spend that money and enjoy it.

As for the additional cat food and toys, he didn't want any of them. His son deserved only the best!

After more than a week of rest and care, Azul's leg injury had improved significantly, and with good care, the cat's overall appearance had become more plump.

However, it didn't diminish Azul's dominant aura. Its lazy and commanding posture made Yuan Huaijing want to dress it up and take it to a cosplay event immediately.

Moreover, due to Azul and other reasons, Yuan Yian did not return to the Yuan family villa after Fang Mo moved out. Even though it took him more than twenty minutes to commute from here to school, he simply enjoyed his days at his uncle's house.

Seeing that the Yuan butler hadn't come to urge him and his uncle didn't ask him to leave, Yuan Yian silently pretended not to know that he was supposed to go back. He tried to prolong his happiness by staying one more day, not to mention now that the cat already belonged to his uncle, he could consider himself to have a companion, more or less, right?