Chapter 4

Yuan Huaijing's older brother, Yuan Huaiyan, was seven years older than him and entered into a traditional aristocratic marriage at an early age.

However, when Yuan Huaiyan had an accident and became a vegetative state, the wife made a decisive choice to divorce upon hearing the doctor say that the chances of him waking up were very slim.

She was still young and came from a wealthy family. Why should she spend her whole life as a widow for Yuan Huaiyan? They didn't have much affection for each other in the first place.

As for their four-year-old son, the wife "generously" handed him over to the Yuan family. She herself remarried not long after and is said to be living a happy life now.

That abandoned child—Yuan Yi'an, who is now eight years old and in the second grade of elementary school, is supposedly raised by Yuan Huaijing. But considering how busy Yuan Huaijing is, most of the time it's the nanny and housekeeper taking care of him. Even during parent-teacher meetings, it's usually either Fang Mo or Zhao Yan who attend. Yuan Huaijing himself has never gone once.

"Sister Fang, I'm counting on you this time too."

Yuan Yi'an, at this age, still had a bit of baby fat and was earnestly thanking Fang Mo.

Because he was so young, his seriousness made him even more adorable, especially considering he had inherited his parents' good looks. In a few more years, he'll probably be flooded with love letters.

"It's no trouble." Fang Mo smiled and took out three fruit candies from her bag. "I haven't forgotten the candies I promised Yi'an last time, you know."

"But remember, kids shouldn't eat too much candy, so I'll give you only three this time, alright?"

Perhaps due to their similar experiences, Fang Mo had developed a genuine fondness for Yuan Yi'an. Add to that the fact that the little guy was well-behaved and polite, not at all troublesome. He truly was a dream child.

But let's be clear, if anything goes wrong, it's all Yuan Huaijing's fault. Don't think that she didn't hear what this "uncle" was saying in his heart before she arrived.

Rather play games than attend parent-teacher meetings, Yuan Huaijing is just a slacker!

The three little fruit candies landed in Yuan Yi'an's palm, their beautiful packaging already looking sweet. These were the forbidden treats that the butler grandfather did not allow him to eat.

The butler of the Yuan family is seventy years old this year and is a very traditional and old-fashioned person. He categorizes candies, chocolates, fried chicken, and similar items as junk food and never allows them to appear within Yuan Yi'an's line of sight.

If the butler forbids it, then naturally the nanny wouldn't give it either.

But as children grow up and go to school, they are exposed to more people and things. They will definitely learn about these things from their classmates and others. Even if Yuan Yi'an is well-behaved, he can't help but be curious and want to try.

His first candy was given by Fang Mo.

However, Fang Mo only had this one left in her bag at that time. After giving it to Yuan Yi'an, she naturally noticed the little guy's happiness and eagerness. She also understood the strictness of the butler. So she promised to bring him more next time.

At the age of eight, if it's not for health reasons, occasionally eating a few candies is really not excessive. While the other kids around were sharing, Yuan Yi'an hadn't even tasted one. For an eight-year-old child, it felt somewhat cruel.

Of course, Fang Mo wouldn't give too much either. She believed that Yuan Yi'an knew his limits. He was a mature child.

Yuan Yi'an carefully put the candy in his pocket and gave Fang Mo a faint smile. "Hmm, I won't eat too much."