Chapter 1: Cordelia

A/N: The song that is playing from Cordelia's Laptop is U + Me = by Dan Black 

I would have never imagined that I would have made it big in Paris. Neither did my cousin Jem. James Carstairs, but I called him Jem like our friends, is a brilliant musician. Well, a violist to be precised. He composes beautiful music that would put people in a trance. During the day, he would play melodies that were light-hearted and full of joy and energy. But at night, sadness, sorrow and depression could be heard in the big, spacious and quite empty villa. The road we took to make our lives good was hard. Unintentionally, Jem catches the eyes of some girls from my private school and even a few boys from his. And the most obnoxious teacher from his school tried to put him down. In the end, Jem made him speechless with his amusing performance.

I woke up at 6 am, which is quite early for me. I stood up, brushed my teeth, took a shower and walked to my closet, with a big towel wrapped around my body, to open it. I grabbed my red racer back dress, lace leggings and a pair of white socks and put it all on. I put my phone, journal, camera, house keys and a pencil in my strap bag and went to my vanity mirror to put on some jewelry. My black crochet beaded choker with a wood bangle bracelet and some black large teardrop earrings with a silver Celtic knot Pentacle ring band. I let my hair loose and put on some natural make-up.

I walked to the living room and grabbed a mug to pour in some coffee to drink. Jem was laying on the sofa, while texting one of his friends and humming a song that was playing from my laptop that I left at the table. I guess Jem must have put it on.

"Good morning Jem. How did you sleep? I hope that Will didn't call you again in the middle of the night." I sat across from Jem on a dark brown leather couch and gave him a cup of tea. "He woke me up again. It hurt me so much to hear his voice." Jem answered taking a few sips from his tea before continuing.

"Oh Cordelia! He was begging me to return to London with you and Church. He sounded desperate and sad. Just like the plan." Jem said looking at his phone, expecting William 'Will' Herondale to call him again. I knew that my cousin and Will were close friends and inseparable. But even she and her BFF Lucie Herondale, Will's daughter, wondered if they were in a secret relationship. We asked Tessa Herondale, Lucie's mother about it and she smiled. Tessa already knew that they were close and sometimes she thought that Will was in a relationship with Jem. I missed Lucie and Tessa, but I also missed the charming Matthew Fairchild. Matthew is the party bringer, handsomely adorable and popular among everyone we know. Christopher, Anna and Thomas Lightwood were also my friends and I missed them. But I will never forget of what they all accused Jem and I of doing. Lucie, Anna, Jesse, Thomas and Matthew tried to stop us from going to Paris and apologized. We forgave them and it almost worked to let us stay, until James Herondale came to talk.

James Herondale was Lucie Herondale older brother, Matthew's best friend and the boy I had a crush on since I was ten years old. I fell in love with him the moment I saw him. He looked like a average guy, but his eyes were what made me notice him. They were gold and beautiful. Even thinking about him made me shiver. But I felt the tears coming when the happy memories of the both of us and our friends having fun to the heartbreaking moments of him kissing Grace Blackthorn at the roof party and him embarrassing, insulting and mocking me in front of The Crowd and our friends. Alastair, my idiotic, selfish brother, was laughing with Grace and him, while Thomas, Jesse, Lucie, Matthew, Christopher and Anna came to my aid. I cried after I left and never felt so heartbroken and hurt since mother being brought to a hospital, because of a almost fatal overdose. My mother got lucky.

"If you want us to go back to London, then..." I said, but got disturbed by multiple knocks on the front door. Jem stood up and walked to the door and said: "Hello? Who is there?" After seeing the door handle opening, he took a few steps back and fell to the floor when the door burst open. Outside of the apartment door stood Matthew, Lucie and Will, looking like they've ran a marathon. Lucie had her brown hair in a messy bun and wore a skinny Jeans in Black and White stripes with zipper pocket and a mid-length sleeveless perching high and low top with a owl on it. She combined it with Black tall combat boots and a long sleeve turn down collar Amy Green trench coat. Matthew wore Chuck Taylor All Star street sneakers with Balmain slim-fit biker jeans, his favorite t-shirt with Oscar Wilde on it and a red varsity Letterman jacket. I approached them both and gave them a big hug. Will wore a black button down shirt with black dress shoes and some champagne colored jeans. And he wore a round jade green necklace with a Chinese word for 'Good Luck' that Jem gave him back.

"William..." Jem said almost out of breath. "James..." Will said sitting next to him on the sofa. Lucie was sitting on a chair from the kitchen next to me holding my hand. Matthew was on the phone with Anna talking about something important. "You only said to come here when it's time..." "And?" Jem and I responded. I looked at Lucie's hopeful face and Matthew's devious smirk. Will had that same smirk plastered on his face. Suddenly my cellphone went off and I looked at the caller ID, Knowing who it was, I pressed answer and put the phone on speaker.

"It's time...time to come home cousins!" The girl said mischievously. "Thank you for helping us Emma." Jem said politely. I send my regards to her and Julian and hung up.

A few minutes later Matthew came in with a tray of four glasses filled with champagne. We each grabbed a glass and cheered. I took a sip of one of our expensive champagne's and smiled. Ever since we got kicked out, we stayed in Paris not only living our lives, but plotting to take down Alastair. we have a plan...and that plan will bring him and The Crowd down.

"Time to begin Phase two." We all said in union.

I hope that this was good.Let me know that you think by leaving a comment.

Thay23