Chapter 11: a Recipe for Disaster pt 1

It's very short, but there will be more parts coming. I'm sorry for not updating in a long while. It's hard to write a chapter with almost no inspiration. :-)  

Grace's POV

After everything was prepared and set on the table, I looked around the living room with a soft smile on my face. Cordelia was standing next to me admiring the view in front of us.

"Thank you for having me here. I was surprised by your phone call and I was nervous to meet you after what happened at the diner." I spoke to the redheaded girl, while looking at her straight in the eye. Cordelia smiled at me and looked peaceful.

"My apologies for the way I acted during that time. I didn't expected you and Alistair to show up and talk to me. So sorry for those unnecessary words that i threw at you." I gave a confused and surprised look in return. "Why is it unnecessary according to you? You had every right to hate me. I humiliated you, made you a laughing stock during that party and stole your crush."

Cordelia sighed and took my hand in hers. She gave me a soft smile that she gave me when we were in the garden. And that same smile she gave me when we saw each other again at the mall to talk about the plan.

"I was angry when all of that happened. I wanted to hate you for a long time. But when I was in Paris and I found out why you did what you did. I started to feel sorry that you became one of my brother's marionettes." I looked at her shocked and surprised. "How?" 

"Carstairs are good at observing and digging up information." Lucie suddenly said looking at me with a bored face. She stood across from me and looked at the redhead in adoration.

"The others will be here in a few minutes. Where will you sit during dinner Delia?" Lucie asked her best friend, while smiling at me. Cordelia thought about her answer for a few seconds and came to a conclusion.

"Since I know that Jesse will be here, you'll give your undivided attention to him leaving me on the outside of your conversation. So I'll sit next to Grace and Matthew and enjoy their company." Lucie's smile fell at Cordelia's words and she turned her head towards me. I gave Cordelia a small smile that went unnoticed by the brunette.

"That's not true! I will talk to you during dinner also." Lucie said to her friend with worry. Cordelia put a hand up to silence her best friend and looked at me the same way Lucie did, but with a knowing look.

"I know that Herondales, when they are in love, seem to forget that their friends and family exist. They would throw away a friendship that has existed for years for a girl or boy they just laid eyes upon." Cordelia looked at Lucie and said something that made Lucie to take a step back.

"I saw Jem go through that and I comforted him for a long time. Being thrown aside like that is not good. Let's continue this dinner and just enjoy each others company. Because I have a feeling something will happen." Cordelia walked towards the dining table and sat between two chairs and looked at me.

"Grace, would you mind staying with me at the garden again?  Preparing food like that can drain your energy and we can talk about other things, while we wait for the others." I smiled at her and took a seat next to her. "I would love that." I saw Lucie looking at us in shock and irritation and she went to the front door to greet our lovely guests for tonight. 

Let's hope everything will go well.