Chapter 10: Anna

AN: Here are the outfits for the character in this chapter. 

"I think it's better if you just calm down

"I think it's better if you just calm down."  Jem said to Lucie and Anna, who were reading something on their phones. 

"How can I calm down when I know that Alistair had done this banishment on purpose. He ruined BOTH your lives." Lucie spoke angry, throwing her phone on the couch. The dark blue phone landed with a soft thud next to my legs.

"Maria has also read something about some person called 'Mortmain'. Care to tell me who this person is?" I spoke, while putting out my cigarette. I looked at Jem with curiosity and determination on who this mystery person is. 

"Mortmain was a business man who was involved with Theresa's brother Nathaniel. He is a powerful business man and was Nathaniel's boss. His company is something I'm not familiar with, but I know he's not the nice and kind person you think he is." I just looked at him unimpressed and glanced at Lucie, who was texting the Blackthorn boy again. I never know what was so interesting about Jesse Blackthorn and frankly, I don't care.

"By the look that you have on your beautiful face, I can tell that he doesn't ring any bell to you Anna. I think you might know him as the 'Clockwork Prince'." My face paled immediately after hearing those two words from Jem's mouth. Lucie froze in her seat, her phone falling on the round. Both of us were shaking and looking wide eyed at him.

"No...the mafia boss? Impossible! No one is stupid enough to make a deal with him, let alone WORK for him." I stood up from my seat, shouting the words what could be heard around the whole house. Lucie looked at uncle Jem, while walking around the room. "Let me guess...Alistair works for him too?" Jem nodded his head at Lucie's question. "And Charles has worked for him, but he quit. Maria, Grace and I overheard someone talking about it with Daphne at the diner a day ago." I explained to the two individuals in front of me. 

"And what were you doing at the diner?" Lucie asked her voice filled with curiosity. I looked at  my cousin right in the eye and said: "Eating, drinking and talking of course. What else do you do at a diner Spots?" I grinned at the irritated face that Luice made because of the nickname given by her brother James.