Chapter 3: James

A/N: The song playing in the party, before the band comes is You Make Me Feel... by Cobra Starship feat Sabi.

Tonight was the night I dreaded the most. It's the anniversary of Jem and Cordelia's departure from London. I have heard from Lucie that they  live in Paris and have been not sitting still. I kept taps on uncle Jem and Cordelia and kept notes on where they were. I used to call Cordelia 'Daisy' or 'Delia', but every time I thought of her, I thought about the night I pushed her away when she needed me the most.

Three years ago:
The party was in full swing. Teenagers drinking alcohol until they were passed out. People dancing and having the time of their lives on the dance floor. Some teenagers were smoking and some were making out with each other.  I was sitting on a leather sofa that was placed on the roof  near the greenhouse. I had a drink in one hand and Grace in the other. She was whispering sweet things in my ear, while the other boys and girls were looking at us in adoration and envy. But suddenly the whispers stopped and she stared at the door. There stood my parabatai and best friend Matthew Fairchild and my sister Lucie. Lucie was wearing a dark purple (almost black) skater skirt with a black top with lace covering the front of her top and some combat boots. Matthew wore a black blouse that was unbuttoned to show his abs and some dark pants and shoes that were probably stolen from Charles' closet. But I stood up and walked towards them when I saw Cordelia emerging from the shadows. She wore a black tight dress that stopped above her knees. She wore a black leather jacket and her hair was in wavy curls. She wore just like Lucie smokey black eye shadow which made her eyes noticeable. I heared Grace calling me, but I walked up to them and greeted them all. On that moment I knew that I was going to break out connection  once I'm going to do what Alastair and Grace demanded from me.

I was in the club called 'The Kingsroad' that was once owned by Jem. I was drinking some Bourbon when I saw Lucie and Matthew coming towards me looking moody and cranky. Matthew wore a white shirt with some dark blue jeans and some sneakers. Lucie wore a white dress with a black sleeveless blazer that looked like a leather jacket. She wore some black expensive heels that didn't knew the brand of. She probably bought that during her shopping trip to New York. Matthew insisted that he should come, because he wanted to visit Thomas, who was there for a internship for a few weeks.

"So...how was New York?" I asked them. "You just can't say hello. Can you?" Lucie sneered looking around the room. I followed her line of vision and saw Jesse standing there looking at Lucie. Grace was beside him sipping a martini when she walked over us with Jesse behind her. In these last few years our group has been split up. It was Lucie,  Matthew, Jesse, Anna, Thomas and Christopher and the other group consisted of Charles, Alastsir, Grace and I. The Crowd was probably somewhere around the club taking photos and posting them on Social media.

There were three bartenders tonight serving drinks and even food to the guest. I was a awkward dancer, but over the years I grew confident ad started to dance with Spots (Lucie) and Welsh (Matthew). After a few songs I started to dance with Grace. Our bodies were pressed to one another and we were dancing in sync. I kissed her ear of neck some times, while she giggled feverishly. We noticed that we were being watched again and that there were pictures taken. Mathew, Jesse and Lucie were joining Anna, Christopher, and Thomas near the stage. Suddenly the lights were dim and we heard everyone gasping when the stage lights were lighting up the room. On the stage there were four guys and a girl. The girl probably was the lead singer and the boys were the ones playing the instruments. The crowd began to shout and cheer in excitement.  "Hey Kingsroad!  We are Idris City and we are honored to play for you tonight." Grace and I stood still when we heared the girls voice through the speakers. The Crowd looked at the band in interest and started to film everything. "Give a loud and warm applause to the owner of Kingsorad. Here HE is Jem Carstairs!" She said and everyone except for Grace and I were cheering loudly. We saw Jem emerge from the shadows looking confident and happy. He wore a white blouse with a black leather jacket and some dark jeans and shoes. He stood next to the singer and looked  at the crowd. He took the mic and started talking. "Hey everybody. It's nice to be back and with a great pleasure I like to introduce you to Cassidy and her band Idris city." The crowd cheered, but Jem began to speak again.

"Marissa is here, but she is not alone. Please people give it up for Cordelia Carstairs and Marissa Reed." The whole crowd went wild after hearing their names. Marissa appeared first looking great. She wore a white crop top with black short shorts and some black heels. She had her hair in a messy bun and wore a necklace around her neck. Then Cordelia came and the crowd looked shocked. Cordelia's hair was straight, but wavy and she wore multiple necklaces. She wore a little black dress with some combat boots under it and some fishnet tights and a white leather jacket. Her makeup was the same a Lucie. They both had a natural look, but both had black smokey eyes.  She stood next to Marissa and Cassidy and hugged them and the rest of the band. 
"It's so nice to be back! And I missed you all. But we are here to party. So let the night begin." She said through the microphone gracefully. The crowd went wild and she and Jem left the stage. She hugged the rest of the group and enjoyed the music Idris City was playing. I saw Matthew and Lucie talking rapidly towards the others and saw Anna hugging Cordelia with Thomas and Christopher. Alastair stood next to me and surprisingly so were the parents of Jem and Cordelia. Grace looked shocked and Maya, the leader of The Crowd, came to me and said: 'Can you believe she's back? I HAD to know she was coming back after spotting her with Lucie and Matthew in Paris.' I looked at her with shock. "I thought they went to New York to visit Thomas?" I asked Maya. "Oh they went there, but then they stopped at Paris and she and Matthew went to Cordelia to hang out. Haven't you read the tweet I posted?" She showed me the tweet that was put yesterday. Lucie and Matthew have some explaining to do.

After the performance of the band, the DJ took over. Cordelia was talking to Christopher and Thomas who both look happy and comfortable. I saw Christopher taking a selfie from the three of them looking casual. I saw him giving Cordelia her smartphone back and she hugged him quickly. Lucie and Jesse were looking cozy and looked like they were about to kiss. So I came to the group and they looked at like I was a complete strangers. Cordelia stood up and looked at me directly. "Do you want something?"  She asked coolly. "I...just wanted to stop Jesse from kissing my sister." Jesse and Lucie looked at me with strange expression that made them almost blush. She gave me a bored look and looked at Lucie. "I agree with you that you, Jesse, Thomas and Matthew should come to the promo shoot for 'Crossed'. After all you are the new characters from the new generation like me. The shoot starts tomorrow." She took a sip from her glass of Bourbon and looked at me. She put her drink in the table and stood up. "Are you still here?" She said. Matthew stood up and stood next to me. "Why don't you drink a glass of bourbon?" I took the glass from Matthew and looked at Cordelia. "If you don't mind Lucie, I'm going to the mansion. See you later at the mansion Luce. Oh..." she looked at me and made a motion with her hand that meant 'step aside'. "See ya!" She said to me coldly and walked away taking her purse with her. She bumped into me and left the club looking badass and more gracefully then Grace herself.

"I am so...screwed!" I said out loud. The others looked at one another and then at me saying:

'Oh yes you are!'