NEUROLOGIST

TOGETHER IN THE STARS

I calmly walks through the busy corridor, while my white coat swaying gently with each step I take

Suddenly urgent shouts pierce the air, causing me to stop from walking. I stop smiling when I realize the seriousness of the situation. Hays, another patient.

"What's happening?" I asked.

The nurse took a deep breathe before talking. "Doctor crezia, please hurry to the operating room! It's an emergency!"

She said while still holding her chest. I nodded at her and enters the operating room to find the surgical team gathered around the patient.

The patient lies motionless on the table, surrounded by beeping monitors and bright lights.

I shooked my head and sigh.

Doctor Eleazar talked. "Doctor crezia, we're dealing with a critical case. The patient sustained a direct gunshot wound to the brain." He said urgently.

I approached the patient. My brow furrowed while I am examining the scans and monitors with intense concentration.

Someone passes me the data. "Prepare for emergency neurosurgery. We must evaluate the damage and stabilize the patient's condition as quicky as possible." I said.

The surgical team springs in action. I xirect the procedure with confident, guiding my colleagues through each step with clarity and determination.

I don't know what time is it now.

"Vital signs are stabilizing. We're gaining ground." Doctor Eleazar said.

I sigh in relief as I see signs of improvement from the patient.

"Excellent work, everyone. Let's continue to monitor closely, but for now, let's take a moment to acknowledge what we've achived." I said and smiled at them.

We exchange exhausted but triumphant glances, a sign of relief.

"You're really are amazing, doctor crezia!" Doctor Eleazar said.

"Thank you, but it was a team effort. Everyone played their part not just me." I said trying to leave as soon as possible. My babies are waiting for me.

Doctor Eleazar was about to sah something when I excuse myself. "Excuse me please, doctor eleazar. I have something to do at the moment." He nodded at me and bid his good bye.

I bowed my head as a sign of respect before leaving.

"Let me change first." I said and went to my office.

It took me less than 20 minutes to change and her face looks angry. "Come on, Doctor Livana." I said at hinila siya outside the hospital.

"I'm so proud of you, Crezia." She said. She's about to cry kaya hinampas ko siya ng pabiro.

"Thank you for always staying by my side, ate livana." I said that made her smile widely. "I know my babies are waiting for me." I said and went to the car.

My duty is done and I am ready to leave America and go home to the philippines.

As I am waiting for Doctor livana to enter the car I saw a familiar figure not far from where I am right now.

"J-justine?" I asked myself.

"What is it, crezia?" Doctor livana asked, I shooked my head in response.

When I looked back kung saan ko nakita si justine, wala na siya doon.

Guni guni ko lang siguro, medyo matagal ko na ring hindi nakikita si justine kaya gano'n.

"Take a rest, crezia. I'll woke you up when we arrive already." Doctor livana said.

I nodded at her at hinayaang  mag padala sa antok.

*****
"Ma, wake up na po." Someone whispered to me while shaking me softly.

I opened my eyes slowly and then I saw my twins looking at me happily. "We miss you, mama." The both said and I laughed at them.

"Come on, my babies. Let's go inside." I said and hugged the both of them.

When we entered the penthouse we were greeted by many staffs and guards. It's already 1 in the morning.

"Bakit hindi pa kayo natutulog?" I asked.

"Ih mama, we are waiting for you kasi. But don't worry po kasi we already slept, we just woke up again to wait for you po." Schy Yeri said and use her puppy eyes to me

"That won't work with me, Schy Yeri." I said and she just pouted and went to the table kung saan naka upo si Doctor Livana.

"I thought you don't have plans to eat." She said at halatang kanina pa nag hihintay.

"Why don't you just admit that you miss me, Doctor Livana." I said and smirked at her.

She just roll her eyes and started eating.

"Mama, are we really going to the philippines?" Aphellion Val asked me.

"Yes, sweetie. Why? You don't want to go there?" I asked.

He shooked his head as an answer and played with his fingers.

"It's not that I don't want to go there..I'm going to miss my friends." He said that made me pat his head.

I was about to answer when her sister suddenly talked. "Why don't you admit to mama na you're going to miss, ate desiree?"

Aphillion Val glared at her and she just smiled widely.

"Who is desiree?" I asked while pretending to be mad.

"A-ahm, w-wala po." He answered. I raise my eyebrow and he pouted.

"I was just kidding, I'm not mad. Now, can you tell me who is desiree?" I asked and smiled at him.

"My classmate po." He said. "She's the one who help me learn science." Ohh.

He once told me that his classmate is teaching him science after class.

"So, you like her?" I asked him and he shooked his head.

"No po, I'm just thankful kasi she helped me and I promised to her na I won't leave her."

"Don't worry, before we leave america I will make sure that you get to say good bye to her. Is it okay?" He nodded at me happily and continued eating.

"Girl, may article na naman about you. Grabe ka na talaga." Doctor Livana said and show me the article.

I just smiled and talked to my children.

*****
After eating I let them rest first before sleeping.

"I'll talk to your tita doc, is that okay?" I asked the both of them and they nodded.

I went outside our room and went to the balcony.

"Are you really sure you're going to philippines?" Doctor livana asked me pagkarating ko pa lang.

"Yes, I really want to see yuhan. And I want our babies to meet him." I said and smiled at her.

I don't have any news about him kaya I don't know if he's already awake or not.

"When are you planning to go back?" She asked while sipping on her glass of champaign.

"Next week, may kailangan pa akong gawin." I said at bumalik na sa room.

"Let's sleep na babies." I said at lumapit naman silang dalawa.

"I'm so excited to meet dada." Aphillion Val said that made me smile.

"You'll meet him soon." I said and closed my eyes.

******
Laki ng laktaw, g na yan. HAHAHAHAHAHA