HER HARD WORK

TOGETHER IN THE STARS

Seeing Crezia happy makes me happy too

Seeing Crezia happy makes me happy too. She went through a lot to become a neurologist. She's not only a brilliant neurologist but also an amazing mother to her twins, Schy Yeri and Aphillion Val.

When Crezia became a mother to Schy Yeri and Aphillion Val, everything changed. She was determined to give her twins the best life possible, despite not having her own parents to rely on.

Balancing motherhood with medical school was incredibly challenging. Crezia had to manage sleepless nights, endless studying, and taking care of her little ones.

Despite the hurdles, Crezia never gave up. She believed in her dream of becoming a neurologist, not only for herself but also for her family.

That's why mataas ang tingin ko kay crezia. Even though hirap na hirap na siya sa ginagawa niya. She keeps on fighting and fighting.

I watched her sacrifice sleep, free time—everything—for her studies and her children. I also remember when she was crying while holding their picture frame.

And then Yuhan fell into a coma. Crezia faced the uncertainty every day, but she stayed strong and never gave up.

But she did it. Against all odds, she graduated. I'll never forget the look of determination on her face that day.

I will always admire crezia's strength. And now that she's going back to philippines..will she overcome another heartbreak?

Flashback

*****

"Hey, doctor livana. I am talking to you. Are you even listening?" Crezia said while waving her hands in my face.

"What is it again?" I asked and smiled at her awkwardly.

"Doc naman ih." Sabi niya at nag dabog.

Sorry, my bad.

"Alright, Crezia, let's go over the parts of the head again. You've got this!" I said and put both my hand in the air.

"I know, but it's a lot to remember. The cranial nerves, the lobes of the brain... it's all so detailed."  She said and then she cried. "I'm so frustrated, doctor livana." She said while crying.

"You have a dream crezia. You have your twins sa kanila ka kumuha ng lakas para lumaban sa hamon ng buhay. You can do this, crezia." I said that made her smile.

I hug her and pat her head.

*****

"Why are you crying again, crezia?"

"I don't know. I feel like I'm not a good mom." She said and burst into tears.

"That's not true, crezia. You're doing your best." I said while hugging her.

"Am I, though? Between studying for my neurology exams and Yuhan's condition, I feel like I'm constantly spread thin. The twins deserve more of my time and attention." She said.

Ang bigat na naman ng dinadala niya. Don't worry crezia I will always stay by your side no matter what.

"Crezia, it's understandable that you have a lot on your plate right now. You're working so hard for your family's future." I said and looked at the twins.

They are sleeping peacefully.

"But am I neglecting them in the process? Yesterday, Schy Yeri asked me to read her a bedtime story, and I was too exhausted to even stay awake. My twins are only 4 years old."

"It's okay to feel overwhelmed, Crezia. You're not alone in this. Maybe we can come up with a schedule that allows you to balance your studies and quality time with the twins."

I understand how busy she is day by day.

"I want to be the best mother I can be for them, Livana. They deserve so much more." She said with full of determination and I noddesmd at her.

You're doing great, crezia.

"I miss Yuhan too. I wish he could be here to share this challenges."

I smiled sadly because of what she said. I hope you can forgive yuhan.

*****

The room is decorated with balloons and a birthday banner. I set up a small table with a cake and presents. Schy Yeri and Aphillion Val, the twins, are eagerly waiting.

I hope you can make it, crezia. You're twins are waiting for you.

"Mama will be here soon, right, tita doc Livana?" Schy yeri asked me.

I don't know what to say. "Of course, sweetie. She's just finishing up something important at the hospital. She'll be here as soon as she can. But, I'm telling you okay may inooperahan si mama niyo kaya you know?" I said and scratch the back of my head.

Schy yeri nodded at me and smile. "I understand po tita doc." She said.

"I hope Mommy doesn't miss blowing out the candles." Aphillion val said with sadness.

"Let's keep our fingers crossed. Your mommy wouldn't want to miss your special day." I said and hug the both of them.

The doorbell rings. Livana opens the door to reveal Crezia, still in her scrubs.

"You made it, crezia!" I said and she smiled at me.

"Happy birthday, my darlings!" Crezia said and spread her arms.

The twins rush towards her and give her a hug.

"Mommy! We missed you!" Schy yeri said with a teary eyes.

"Did you come straight from the hospital?" Aphillion val said with a strict voice.

"I did. I wouldn't miss your birthday for the world." Crezia said.

They gather around the table, singing "Happy Birthday" as the twins blow out the candles.

"Yay!" The twins cheered.

"We're 6 years old na!" Schy yeri said.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be here earlier. Mommy had a very important job today." Crezia said. I can see tiredness in her eyes but she keep smiling.

"It's okay, Mommy. We're just happy you're here now." Schy yeri said and hug crezia.

*****
End

"Why are you crying, doctor livana?" Crezia asked me while raising her eyebrow.

"It's non of your business, doctor crezia." I said, "Don't pout crezia you look like a duck." I said and laugh.

I thought she's going to be mad at me but she also laugh.

"I'm so proud of you crezia. Your hardwork paid off." I saw her eyes twinkle and then she wipes her tears.

"Thank you, ate livana." She said.

"For what?" I asked.

"For staying with me. For always helping me." She  said and hug me.

"Walang problema, crezia. Willing akong tulungan ka kahit kailan, kahit saan." I said and she laugh.

"What's funny?" I asked.

"You smell like alcohol." She said at agad naman akong lumayo.

"Hindi pa ako naliligo." I said and smirk at her.

"Iww ate livana. Niyakap kita tapos hindi ka pa pala naliligo? Iwww." She said at bumalik sa kwarto nila.

*****