Chapter 2 - "The beginning of serving the forest"

Dahyun's POV

I opened my eyes to find myself still inside Sora's cabin.

And here I was thinking that everything that happened last night was simply a bad nightmare.

But at the very least, I wasn't being kept hostage by a man. This makes the situation a little more manageable.

I'm curious, what time is it? Sora isn't particularly fond of clocks. Perhaps she doesn't need one because she appears to have kept herself occupied as a forest guardian.

The sound of racing hooves piqued my interest, so I stepped outside to see for myself.

"Why are you awake yet? Did my horse wake you up?"

When I rubbed my eyes, I saw Sora sitting atop a jet black horse.

"Not really, but it did catch my attention; however, I was already awake when I heard the horse's gallops."

Sora then dismounted her horse and approached me, a chanerie bag slung over her shoulders.

She handed me the bag and added, "Here. I figured you needed a change of attire after getting your clothes and yourself drenched in water."

She had purchased new clothes for me? That was, in fact... That was very thoughtful of her.

"However, I wasn't sure if you'd like this clothing; it's basically what a peasant would wear, and as royalty, you might not want to be associated with peasants."

"It's still more comfortable than wearing a torn-apart gown that's been soaked in water; I really appreciate it."

I could tell by the astonished look on her face that my statements had taken her by surprise.

"It's the first time I've heard a princess say she's fine wearing peasant attire, and it really surprised me," Sora said, her eyes half-lidded and a soft expression on her face. I wasn't sure about my prediction, but I had a feeling she was smiling under that mask.

"So, where can I change my clothes now?" I inquired.

"You can change your clothes inside my cabin; although I don't have any windows, I have blinds, which should keep you covered from being seen... undressed; and I shall also leave if you feel uncomfortable with having company around," Sora replied, making me sigh.

I'm sure I needed to adapt to my new life situation, but I can't shake the feeling that things would be so much easier if I were in the castle.

"I can tell you're not used to this, princess, but I'll do my best to help you. Just tell me and I'll be there," the forest guardian stated, bowing in front of me as if she were a noble knight.

It may be difficult, but as long as I have Sora by my side, I think I can adjust. She knows how to survive alone in this forest. She might be able to assist me with that as well.

"I intend to switch my clothes now, Sora; I'll see you soon in front of the fire pit."

"I understand, princess; I'll go make you something to eat for breakfast."

Before entering the cabin, I nodded in response to Sora's statement. I looked over the clothes Sora had given me after locking the door and putting on the blinds.

"At least I know she is capable of chosing a dressing suitable even for a peasant," I muttered to myself, smiling.

Sora bought me a white chemise, which is an undertunic, and a blue kirtle, which is a women's ankle-length tunic.

It's a pity to pair this outfit with an expensive royal light blue glass slipper. It's as if a peasant is hiding a regal title beneath their skin. That is true, with the distinction that I am not a peasant.