Chapter 6 - "Kim Dahyun"

Sora's POV

"The princess ought to be in here somewhere! Scatter and search for the king's daughter!"

Ssibal-! Men in iron armor ride aboard their horses in search of the princess.

Were they wicked people or knights from the realm from whence the princess came?

It's not even dark yet. In this situation, I can't hide myself adequately.

I hopped over to a larger tree and pressed my mask closer to my face, intending to muffle my voice as I spoke.

"Who dares... to enter my forest?!"

I exclaimed, hoping to frighten the men away. They were simply astonished and began drawing their swords.

"Who are you?! Show yourself!" demanded and threatened the one in the middle. As if I was terrified of his sloppy physical appearance.

"Sir! I'm guessing it's the infamous guardian of the forest, as addressed through the people at the village." The one on his left stated, seeming more terrified than, I'm guessing, is the leader of the three of them.

"Ha! I won't be scared of one mythical creature! Come on out and let's duel, you so-called guardian!"

This arrogant knight is driving me insane. I never wanted to deal with someone like him again in my life.

My major goal for being here right now is to safeguard the princess. If these three individuals were to endanger her, I would not hesitate to confront them.

I suddenly heard the familiar gallops of my horse from a distance.

Huffs appeared through Onyx's nostrils as he regarded the three knights in front of him. That's when they began to feel threatened.

Unafraid of a mythological creature, yet terrified by the presence of a dark horse. How intriguing... not.

"Back off, horsey. You are not to interfere with our business in this forest." The leader threatened Onyx but was clearly shivering in fear.

Onyx ignored him and began rushing in their direction, forcing them to scram the area as rapidly as a light, causing the three of them to flee in different locations.

I must admit that their idiocy made me laugh.

I followed the knights' lead, paying close attention to the leader more than the others.

Unfortunately, Onyx had gained ground against the leader of the knights. He dashed through the knight, striking him with such power that he fell down the waterfall.

This is a disaster. If he survives the fall, he will be able to successfully hunt for my cabin and find the princess.

I returned to the cabin before the knight discovered the location.

But one thing had made me question myself.

Why am I impeding the knights' search for the princess? What is the point of me holding them back?

I know I've told her before that I didn't want her to leave the forest in case she claimed anything about me outside of it. But none of that matters to me.

My head is hurting as a result of the scenario.

Perhaps informing the princess about the knights looking for her is the best course of action. That way, she can tell me whether or not they can be trusted.

When I arrived at the cabin, I stepped inside and discovered the princess seated on my pallet bed, staring out the window. She turned to face me when she noticed I was there.