Chapter 3 - "Warming up"

Third Person's POV

At the Kim Royalties kingdom...

King Hyunmin sighed in exasperation, "I cannot bear this! It's been a day since my daughter had fled the realm!" The knights in front of him shuddered in fear as they knelt and looked down, hoping to disappoint the king.

"Your Royal Highness, we humbly apologize. We, as knights, are doing our utmost to find the missing prin-"

The angry king interrupted the knight, "Perhaps you all hadn't done to your fullest if you haven't found her after a day of seeking!"

"Give it just a little of additional a period of time Hyunmin. Undoubtedly, they'd locate her within a matter of days," Was said as a hand was placed on the king's shoulder, indication of attempting to calm him down.

"I am in doubt that you are becoming aware of what you are saying at this moment, Simon. Without the heiress, this would be an impending catastrophe for the kingdom. My son, Myungsoo's marriage will take place in a week, but we still aren't sure if Dahyun would be present to stand alongside your heir, Hansol," the king groaned in frustration.

"I would be sending Hansol and his dependable bodyguards in search of the princess if she hadn't been located for three days or more."

"If you persist, let's simply pray that Hansol or the knights are successful in finding my daughter.."

---

At the forbidden forest...

The keeper of the forbidden forest shook the dozing princess and said, "Raise up, princess."

"It's too early, Sora." Dahyun said groggily.

"It is also the ideal time to provide food for certain kinds of animals. Get up."

Dahyun's eyes were still droopy from being overly drowsy as she sighed at the masked figure in front of her.

The princess gave the woman a scowl and replied, "I hate you."

But without giving the princess a second glance, Sora simply rolled her eyes and left the cabin.

"Gaesaekki..."

---

Dahyun sighed as she heard Sora say, her arms crossed, "Good, you chose that you would get up after all."

"As if I had any other options to begin with." After hearing the princess' reply, Sora smirked.

Dahyun walked up to the fire pit and looked at the food she was cooking. Sora glanced up at her, saying, "Well, at least you seem to know. Come on. Let's eat breakfast first before we feed the animals in this forest."

Dahyun exclaimed "Feeding the animals? The creatures here could kill if they wanted to!" as she finally understood what Sora was attempting to convey.

"You had enraged the boar from before, which is why it chased you. We're going to only feed the domestic, tamable animals; I'm going to handle the feral ones during the evening." Too focused on preparing their breakfast, Sora did not even gaze at the direction of the princess as she held the conversation with her.

"You observed me the entire time and you did nothing?"

"I tried to save you, but you fell before I could, so all I could do was prevent you from drowning."