Chapter 7 - "Home"

Dahyun's POV

"For you."

My mouth fell agape as I watch Sora offer the flowers from her hands to mine.

"What for..?" I questioned, feeling enamoured yet confused by her sudden gesture.

"I just remembered how the colors of these flowers resembles your beautiful blue dress, back from when we first met. I also figured that bluebell flowers suits you very well."

I stared at the flowers in awe. A smile crept upon my lips as those words she said had repeated in my head for more than three times.

I accepted the flowers, as Sora offered, giving her a warm smile from the bottom of my heart, "Thank you, Sora. You do have a delicate side of yours, after all."

"Only for those people I trust, princess."

I sat down next to her and closed my eyes, leaning on her shoulder as I take a sniff of the bluebells, amused by its sweet fragrance. I felt Sora flinch a little as we collided against each other.

"You seem comfortable being this close to me, princess. Why is that?"

Sora seemed to have regained her composure. Her tone wasn't as tensed up as her reaction towards me earlier.

"Something about you feels like home, Sora. I don't know why, but I feel more welcomed by your presence than any other people I know in my whole life."

"Home..." A pause was emitted, "How can a person become your home?"

There was a complete silence after. I did not know how to respond to Sora's inquiry. I do not know how to explain it to her.

I shifted my position to just sit beside Sora, feeling uneasy that I could not give an answer to her question.

I felt a cool breeze passed by against my skin, sending shivers down my spine. Sora must've noticed as she suddenly wrapped her mantle around me.

The gesture made me feel... warm.

"Don't mind what I've asked. I'm sorry to have startled you."

"No! No! Don't be- I should be sorry for not being able to answer a simple question."

Although, it wasn't really as simple as it sounds like.

"No worries, princess." Sora chuckled, "I guess I just... I must've been confused about your statement earlier. And... also curious as to why you said that."

The guardian rose up from her seat and stared straight at one direction, her gaze's expression slightly changing into an emotion that I couldn't comprehend.

After a few moments, she let out a sigh and shifted her attention towards me, "It's getting late. Shall we go back to my cabin, princess?"

I assume she didn't want to talk about the awkward tension from earlier, as to why she's trying to make things at ease.

Having no choice, I agreed.

Sora offered a hand in front of me, signalling that she wanted to help me stood up. I gladly took her hand with my right one and rise from my seat, my other hand holding still of the bundle of bluebells that she gave me.

---

On our way towards Sora's cabin, we fell deep into complete silence.

I did not made an attempt to hold a conversation with her. I could tell something's bothering the guardian beside me just from her half-lidded eyes and lost expression. Her gaze completely glued towards the ground we're stepping in.