8

What a tiring day!

I groaned loudly, wishing nothing more but to receive a back massage at the moment. As I put the last plush toy in the basket, I took a look around the now empty classroom which was touched by the warm orange rays of setting sun that filtered in through the large windows.

The faint sound of bell rang through the corridors of the building as it blew with the touch of wind.

I made my way to my cabin and quickly draped an overcoat over my body before grabbing my hand bag and mobile from the table and moving out of the cubicle, locking it after me.

Today was so tiring as I had to perform double duties. First as a teacher then as a part time guide to The Vincent Richmond. Ugh!

As I walked outside the building, I was quickly submerged in the swarm of people walking around the street, eager to reach their destination. I felt lost and isolated among them. Just another nameless head walking aimlessly. Wasting her life being ungrateful and spiteful towards life.

My mind kept replaying each and every moment that took place today. It was as if every single second of the day  was imprinted on my memory for good.

I sighed in dejection. Why do I have all these conflicting emotions? Why now? Even after knowing well that he belongs to someone else, why do I have this urge to run my fingers through the mob of his brown hair? Why do I want to touch his cheeks, feel his prickly stubble under the pads of my fingers? Why do I feel drawn towards him?

Most importantly how does he feel for me now?

Just a hypothetical scenario, but what if he comes back to me? Will I eat back my words and get back with him? Does that makes me weak or hypocrite?

So many 'whys' and to find the answer I would have to indulge more in him.

I hopped in the elevator as soon as I entered the town house where I reside. As I punched in the number for terrace, I leaned back against the tin of the cubicle  finally catching breath after the long walk to home.

The moment the elevator dinged and opened, I started fishing in my hand bag for keys as I made my way to the entrance of my room.

As I put in the keys and twisted the knob, I was met with pure darkness. I turned on the golden lights that adorned the patio as I walked in. After closing the door shut, I turned around and immediately jumped out of shock.

My hands shot up to rest on my bosom as a small shriek left my lips.

"What are you doing here?!" I exclaimed as I stared at the person sitting in front of me.

Vincent lazily got up from the sofa, he was sitting on and took long strides towards me.

I looked between him and the door in confusion and bewilderment. "How did you even got in?" I spoke to myself.

"Relax I came in peace." He raised up his hands, his words mocking me.

I released a breath, calming my senses down. It's just him. That's the fucking problem....it's him!

I stared at him blankly as he took out a vintage looking hair pin from his pocket and brought his hands up to head. His fingers softly combed through my hair as he tucked my strands back with it. His gaze turned soft as he admired my face for a moment. His eyes taking in every inch of my face.

My stare turned hard as I looked at him in astonishment. Did he hit his head somewhere?   

A soft chuckle bubbled out of him as his lifeless blue eyes gleamed under the golden lights. "No my head is fine and you're welcome."