Chapter 5

My van was running on the highway, the needle on the speedometer stuck at 100, and same as my mind which stuck with the image of that girl in the lake. I looked at my family, my whole world, which was about to be collapsed some moments ago. 

“Hassan, please take us to home” she said, I clearly saw the tears dropping from her cheeks. She was holding our son into her arms. 

“Honey, dont worry” I said. I know that these are just hollow solaces, my words were empty. I felt the lack of confidence in my voice. She knew that too, but she wanted to believe me. 

I heard a sound of tyre burst. The van was difficult to handle at such high speed but I somehow managed and parked the van at the side of the road. I was furious, I wanted to burn this van. I was standing at the middle of nowhere. I wanted to curse the day, but there were my kids in the van, I didn't want to use the abusive language in front of them. 

I came out of the van, and stand near the flat tyre. I went back at the back of the van and took a spare tyre and steffani. I was thinking that what happened if there was no spare tyre in van. 

I came and tried to opened the nuts. But I felt something odd, the tyre was wet. There was water around the tyre. But all the other tyres are dry. I thought that maybe there was puddle of water in the road. But why other tyres were dry. With these thoughts in my mind, I changed the wheel.