Chapter 8

My feet were frozen on the ground, I didn't have any strength to move them. I was almost helpless as a prisoner who saw the gallow in front of him. I turned and saw my family shivering in fear and hopelessness. They were looking at me; I was their shelter in this harsh situation. This thought filled my body with energy. Man is a weak creature when he is alone, but if something bad is about to happen to his family, his primal instinct arises. The same thing happened to me, I was not afraid of her only because my family life depends on it.

I shouted at her with my whole strength.

"What do you want from us?"

She was standing on the road silently.

"If you touch my family, I will kill you," I said.

But there was still no movement from her. I clearly saw the water dripping from her hair and clothes. There was a puddle of water in which she was standing.

I was hopeless but I was not afraid anymore. I moved toward her and again shouted at her. She was quite like a dead person.

Her silence made me furious, for the time being, I forget she was not a human but a ghost. I was about to jump at her without even thinking about the consequences.

A strong beam of light hit my eyes, and I took my hand and cover my face. I was blind for a moment but I heard the sound of tires brake. Someone called me to come in the car. 

It was an old 70 Cadillac blue car. When the light dims I saw the face of the person, he was an old man wearing a leather jacket and night vision glasses. He shouted at me. I ran toward my family and hold their hands and we sat in the car.

He started the engine and reversed the car and we were on the road. Suddenly I realized that I didn't know that person. He looked at me and smiled. It looked like he knew what I was thinking.

"Don't be afraid. She didn't hurt you." The old man said.

"Who are you, sir?"

"Who am I? This question is irrelevant. the real question is why I save you" the old man said with a clear voice. I noted that his face has wrinkles that drop down to his neck.

"But sir who is that girl or whatever she is? I said with an irritating voice.

he looked back at me and saw in my eyes.

"she was my daughter," he said.

my mouth was opened with amazement. I didn't believe what he said.

"she was killed and drowned in that lake ten years ago by a man who came there with his family, and from that day her spirit chased any man that came with a family. but I managed to stop her." he stopped and looked in the mirror, the road was clear. there was no sign of any girl or fog.

"she was my only daughter and she didn't kill anyone if I was with them."

now the car was reached the city road. he dropped us at the bus station.

the day was saved by this old man but I never forget that day, it was engraved in my memory.