Chapter five: 'ma'

"I think we should get you to bed, I think you might have a stomach bug, ok? Can we get you to your room?" His dad would ask, lifting him into his arms, gently holding his head up so Sam didn't break his own neck. He would take him to his bedroom, setting him down. Sam would show no sign of protest to being carried, other then the violent shaking and the twitches which made him jolt away.

"D-ad...?" He would mumble, his head fading in and out of consciousness. "Where's ma'?" He would ask, his face looking frightened. Afraid.
"Don't worry kiddo, I didn't bring her along. She won't be here." He would say, looking for an icepack or washcloth for Sam's forehead, and upon finding one, wetting it and putting it on him.

Sam would visibly relax, wether it being from the washcloth or his mother not being invited. "Good..." he would mumble, his head still aching horribly. His hands would tremble violently as he rolled onto his side, clutching his blankets.

"Careful kid, I want to keep you cool so you don't overheat. Try keep still so it doesn't fall off." His father would say, only being met with a mumble of 'ok' as a response. Sam would shut his eyes tight once again, grimacing. "Fuck- it hurts-" he would quietly sob, his tears falling on his pillow.

"Do you want some paracetamol kiddo?" His dad would ask, sitting on the edge of his bed and putting one hand on his shoulder.

Sam froze. He didn't know how to respond, was it kind? Did he have some other intent? He didn't quite know, but he accepted the offer, reminding himself it was only his mother.