The Christmas fair

Ocean woke up to the smell of something freshly baked. "Just like normal" she thought to herself, before she realized. No. Not like normal. Back when she still lived in Uranium, she would have sleepovers at Constance's all the time, but that was two years ago. Now she was back, and it was a weird feeling. Happiness. Regret. She looked to her side and saw Constance still fast asleep. She looked so pretty when she slept, opposite of Ocean, that looked like a dying fish with its mouth wide open when she slept. For a moment she let her mind wander and thought about what it would be like to wake up like this every day. Waking up and the first thing she'd see was Constance's face. She forced her mind to come back to reality, and tried gently shaking Constance to wake her up. "Connie??" She tried to whisper, but it ended up coming out a bit too loud. Constance yawned and sat up, looking at Ocean. "How long did i sleep? You're never up before me unless you have to be". Ocean looked at her phone. "Well, it's 7 am right now, and your parents said we'll be leaving at 8 to set up the bakery booth before the fair opens at 9, right?". Constance nodded. "Yeah, i think so" she said and Ocean saw that it looked she had also just realized the smell coming from the kitchen. "They must be baking everything right now, normally they get up at 5 am for this, their Christmas fair spirit definitely grows over time". Ocean laughed. "Jeez, last time i was here it was 6am, whats next?". Constance rested her head on her hand as if in thought. "Im guessing 03.30am". Just as she said it, Constance's mom burst through the door. "Up girls, up up up!! Get dressed as quick as possible and come help us load the muffins and the Christmas cookies in the truck". She left the room as quickly as she entered it, before even letting Ocean Or Constance say anything in response. "Well, i guess thats our wakeup call". Constance sighed. "Yep".

After the girls got dressed they went out to the kitchen, grabbing a muffin for themselves for breakfast before each taking a big box and carrying them towards the truck, Joel running past them hurrying for the next box. When everyone had made it out in the car, Florence did her "before the *insert season* fair" speech. "Okay, right now Its 07.30, so if Joel drives just a little over the speed limit, we can make it before that damn Gruber lady. She thinks she has the best cookies and that she's sooo luch better than us, she could never even REACH the quality of ours! Isn't that right honey?". She looked over at Joel that excitingly nodded back. "Okay, fasten your seatbelts everybody". He said as he slammed his foot down on the speed pedal, driving a little over "a little over the speed limit".

When they reached the fair, not that surprisingly, no one was there yet. They found their booth and started packing everything out. Since nothing opened until 9am, Ocean and Constance helped out with the decorations. They helped eachother put the banner over With "Blackwood café pastries" Over the booth, and helped put the prettiest Christmas cookies out in the front of the lineup of all the treats. When the work was done, there were 30 minutes left before the fair actually opened, and only the bussiness and booth owners were at the fair at this time. Joel was talking to a woman Ocean could only assume was the woman Florence had mentioned before, since he looked pretty irritated. "While you wait for the fair to open maybe you could go look at the fair and build a mental map, huh?". Florence Said to Constance, that looked at Ocean. "Yeah, sure". Ocean said, confused why she was answering the question. "Okay girls, remember, you're also at work, we shift every two hours! You have from hours 11am to 1pm and 3pm to 5pm, after that we go Home". Ocean tried to remember the times they had to be there, repeating the times in her head again and again before Constance grabbed her hand and started walking, Ocean quickly following her lead.

They walked around, seeing the usual stuff. The gravatron, the shooting gallery, the bumper cars (Oceans old personal favorite, since it was the one with competition involved), the ferris wheel, and of course, the cyclone. She'd never been on it. she had always been terrified to go on it, she didn't know why though. Every time she went there she could swear she saw the railway shake a little. Constance had always loved it though, she had told her all about how it was being on it, and the rush when it went down, so she didn't really feel like she was missing out. After they had walked past all the rigged games where you win prices, and the food stands with Christmas food and that one weird woman that owned a stall that sold ice cream, a booth that, to Oceans surprise, always did pretty well at the fair. it was finally 9am, and the fair opened. While Ocean was thinking what she wanted to do first, Constance dragged her head first towards something. "Come on, we're going to the bumpercars, you love those!!". Ocean was confused. When they had made it to the line and she had a chance to say something, she asked. "But, don't you hate the bumpercars?"
Constance shrugged her shoulders. "They're not my favorite, but if you drove me around it would be fine. There are two seats in these ones, right?". Ocean smiled.
"Yeah! Im so glad you wanna drive with me! I swear you wont regret it!!". Constance laughed. "Sure i wont"