Chapter 12

VISIONER

Visioner hadn't known that his arm was so weak from the poison. The healers had explained that running, pressure, and another injury could infect his arm. 

"I guess we could give you a support," One healer, a pale orange SkyWing, mused. "So you can walk around more easily. Come back tomorrow, and I'll have it ready. In the meantime, try to not pressure yourself too much, okay?"

He smeared a cold ointment on his arm, and wrapped a bandage over it. 

"Thank you," Visioner whispered. He stood up unsteadily, and hobbled out of the healing center. Winter followed closely behind. 

"Tell me," The IceWing said suddenly. "Did you have a vision?"

Visioner swallowed, and nodded. To his relief, Winter didn't press him for further explanation. They walked in silence, and Visioner arrived in front of the art classroom. Winter left him without a word, leaving a chill in the air. 

Visioner stepped inside nervously, and found Mink waving for him to join her. A few dragons glanced in his direction, and Deathstalker blinked at him curiously. 

"Are you okay?" Mink asked, using a thick brush to paint her entire canvas midnight black. 

"I'm fine," Visioner murmured, fumbling to uncap the can that held white paint with one talon. Mink opened it for him, and resumed dotting her painting with silver stars.

"Where did you go?" Mink persisted.

"The healing center," Visioner answered awkwardly. "I wasn't feeling well. The healer told me to come back tomorrow."

Mink cast a glance at his bandaged arm, but shrugged. "Okay. Hey, is that me?"

Visioner jumped, startled. He didn't notice that the IceWing dragonet had been looking at his painting. "Y- yeah," He stammered. "Do you like it? I thought you'd enjoy a painting after the sculptures you made me."

"It looks perfect!" Mink beamed. "You know, hilariously, I was actually making this painting for you. That little dragon over here is you, and this other dark purple one is Brightness."

Indeed, Visioner could make out the silhouettes of two NightWings, the stars on their wings just barely visible. "Wow," He breathed. "You're a talented artist, Mink."

"I can give it to you after I make a few finishing touches-"

And suddenly, Visioner heard screams echo from the hallway.