Chapter 17

TSUNAMI

Tsunami couldn't stand it anymore.

Three days had passed since the attack on Gold Winglet, and no one knew what happened.

She burst into the cave that Visioner shared with Mink and Scorpion. They'd ran out of space in the male dragonet's caves, so he was stuck with the female dragonets. 

Wasn't really the best plan, yes, but it didn't matter.

"Visioner," Tsunami growled. The NightWing jumped, and turned around nervously. 

"Y- yes?" He stammered.

"Come to my office right now."

Visioner looked at Mink, but the IceWing just shrugged.

Tsunami stormed into Tamarin and Brightness's cave as well, barking, "Brightness. My office. Now."

Brightness stood up, brushing her tail against Tamarin's wings, and followed the SeaWing to her cave. Visioner was already seated there, and the two siblings exchanged a confused glance. Well, Visioner did, but Brightness just stared blankly into his eyes.

"I don't care two cows about what Sunny says," Tsunami began. "I want to know what you were doing before you came to Jade Mountain Academy."

Visioner opened his mouth to speak, but before a single word came out of his mouth, a sharp spark of pain in Tsunami's neck became a bright flash of agony, and she fell to the ground, her talon on the spot of the pain. Her talon fell away, revealing scarlet blood.

And there, embedded into her scales, was a small, razor-sharp dagger.

VISIONER

Visioner watched, horrified, as Tsunami crumpled to the ground. Blood pooled on the ground, and she let out a rasping cough, the crimson liquid pouring from her mouth like a waterfall. 

Then Visioner screamed.

And he spotted the knife that was stuck deeply into her throat, and screamed again. 

Brightness was, as always, silent, but she didn't move a single muscle. Her light eyes were transfixed onto Tsunami, her expression unreadable. 

"Please! Anyone! Help!" Visioner shouted. A few moment later, Clay entered the office, and froze as he saw his best friend lying limply on the cave floor.

"Tsunami," The MudWing cried. He ran forward, and winced as he grabbed hold of the dagger, yanking it out with trembling claws. The SeaWing let out a strangled yelp, but she didn't move. "Don't die, don't die, don't die. We'll get you to the healing center, okay? Just hang in there for a bit."

Visioner couldn't believe this. No one had been in the cave except for him, Tsunami, and Brightness. 

He helped Clay support Tsunami with his shoulder, his legs buckling slightly at the weight. The two of them made their way to the healing center they'd already been far too often. 

That dagger flew out of nowhere. It was cursed.

Cursed...with magic.