Meeting the Gonzalez

It was another bright and sunny morning, just like any other day. Y/n was scheduled to be unveiled as the most expensive female signing in not only soccer, but in all of sports. Additionally, she would be introducing Charles to the world.

As usual, y/n woke up at sunrise and headed to her fully-equipped home gym to start her workout.

Meanwhile, Camila was also an early riser. She decided to watch the sunrise from the balcony and then went downstairs to prepare breakfast. Using the only available ingredient, whole wheat pancake batter, she made pancakes. While she was about to wake up Charles, she heard a loud noise and discovered y/n in the midst of doing deadlifts.

Camila observed as the athlete moved on to her pull-up bar, unsure whether to focus on her impressive back or her reflection in the mirror.

Y/n noticed Camila as soon as she entered and knew she was putting on a show for her babymomma. Just when y/n thought Camila had seen enough, she looked directly into the mirror and winked at her. Camila was caught off guard and embarrassed, accidentally knocking over a set of small dumbbells while trying to leave.

"Are you alright, buddy?" the soccer player chuckled.

"I was just coming down to let you know that I made breakfast. We have a big day ahead, and we need to get started. If you want us to join you, I need to go home and get ready. I have so much to do—hair, makeup, picking out an outfit. Oh my god, I'm never going to make it on time. I also need to get Charles ready," Camila panicked, unaware that y/n was slowly approaching her.

When Camila finally looked up, they were inches apart, and y/n held her hands. "Listen, Camila, you don't need to worry about getting ready. You never do. But if that's what you want, just relax. I can drive you and Charles back to your place after we have breakfast. And don't worry about getting him ready; I'll take care of bathing and dressing him so you can take your time."

Camila, avoiding eye contact, responded, "Okay, that works. I can get ready at my own pace then. And if Charles becomes difficult, you can call me, and I'll—"

Y/n interrupted her, gently grasping her face and making her look at her. "Isn't it a bit impolite to avoid eye contact when speaking to someone? We don't want to set a bad example for Chuck, right?"

Camila nodded, and a silent contest ensued, each trying not to look away. Y/n, being herself, started leaning in, and Camila was about to meet her halfway.

"Wow, Miss y/n, you have a spacious house," the little boy's voice interrupted, causing the two parents to quickly separate. "Alright, guys, breakfast is ready. We need to hurry home."

"I don't want to go home. I want to stay here and go to the beach," Charles protested, sitting on the floor with crossed arms. Y/n hadn't witnessed this side of Chuck before, but Camila was accustomed to it.

"Charles Joel Cabello, get up this instant, or I'm going to get the chancla," Camila threatened, and the boy promptly stood up. Y/n burst into laughter and guided them to the kitchen. She seated Charles in the dining room and joined Camila to help with the food.

"He usually behaves well, but sometimes he throws the worst tantrums. I don't know how he does it because no one has ever taught him to misbehave," Camila explained.

Now it was y/n's turn to avoid eye contact . "Um, I think he gets that from me. I was a terrible child. My mom always told me it would come back to haunt me one day. I bet she's up there laughing right now."

Camila nodded silently. She had wanted to call her ex and offer her condolences, but she couldn't bring herself to. Despite only meeting the woman once, and it being a disaster, Camila knew how much y/n's mother would have loved her grandchild. Due to her own selfishness, y/n's mother never had the chance to meet her grandchild.