Preparations

When y/n got back home, she was greeted by the workers her father had hired to set up Camila's new room. She smiled and waved at the decorators bustling around, ensuring everything was just right for Camila. She needed everything to be perfect so Camila would feel at home. Y/n gestured and pointed, directing the workers here and there, making sure every detail aligned with her vision.

Tonight y/n was going to ask Camila if her and CJ would join her to go to Barcelona for her goodbye speech. She paced around the room, rehearsing her words silently, imagining the conversation ahead. Y/n loved the city and its people so she really wanted to introduce her son and Camila to it.

She had already arranged for them to travel together so hopefully Camila would say yes. She tapped her foot nervously, her mind racing with thoughts about Camila's possible response. The soccer player had a free day after working out that morning but the anxiety of Camila saying no was killing her. She took deep breaths, trying to calm her racing heart. So she decided to distract herself.

She played around with the ball for a while doing tricks and practicing her shooting. The ball danced skillfully under her feet as she juggled, twirled, and kicked it against the wall, her focus solely on the ball. Soccer had always been her thing when she needed to calm down but not even that was working today.

She dropped the ball and went to her game room to play a little fifa career mode of course she was the character that was used. With a determined look, she grabbed the controller, immersing herself in the game, her fingers swiftly maneuvering the buttons. But the game only made her think more.

If things had been different would she be here today?

Would she be the athlete she was?

She shook her head slightly, trying to clear her thoughts as she continued playing the game, her eyebrows furrowed in concentration. Would she really have quit soccer for Camila and her son?

If so what would she be doing?

Her life would've been completely upside down if Camila had told her about the pregnancy. She sighed deeply, a mix of emotions playing on her face as she contemplated the alternate paths her life might have taken. Maybe in a good way maybe in a bad way. But she knew she needed to stop dwelling on it so she decided today was going to be the day she would let it all go.

She was in the middle of a game when she heard her phone ringing and looked down to see Camila FaceTiming her. Her eyes widened in surprise, and she hurriedly put down the controller, reaching for her phone with a mix of anticipation and a small smile.

"What's up, Cabello?" Y/n greeted with a smile, her eyes lighting up at the sight of the beautiful woman staring back at her. She leaned back in her chair, the controller resting on her lap.

"Nothing. I was just on my lunch break and wanted to see if you'd like to talk a bit?" Camila inquired.

"I was playing FIFA, but of course, let's talk," Y/n responded, setting the controller down on the table beside her.

Camila's demeanor shifted as Y/n mentioned FIFA. "I remember back then you used to play FIFA," she said with a mischievous smile.

"Wow, Cabello, don't start your shit. I'm over here trying to be nice to you, but I might go back to my game," Y/n teased, grinning playfully and rolling her eyes.

"That's fine, Gonzalez. I'll just do what I used to do back then too. You know you would rather talk to me than play FIFA," Camila challenged.

"Nah, I'm good," Y/n replied, focusing her attention back on the game, ignoring Camila's teasing.

Camila let out a playful sigh. "But buddy, I'm bored. Could you please talk to me?" She adopted a playful, spoiled princess vibe, her big brown eyes fixed on the screen where Y/n was engrossed in the game.

"Nope."

"But don't you remember all the things we used to talk about on FaceTime while you were playing?" Camila reminded her.

Y/n remembered vividly. Camila would do everything in her power to distract her and make her hop off the game. Flirting, speaking in a lower voice, talking in Spanish—she'd use any tactic, even changing clothes in front of her.

Y/n snapped out of her thoughts when the commentator screamed "goal" for the other team. She glanced at the screen, then back at Camila on the phone, and chuckled.

"I guess some things never change things huh?" Camila said giggling.

"I guess they don't."

"Seriously, Y/n, I just wanted to thank you for your help this morning and, really, in general, for being so gracious about the whole situation," Camila expressed gratefully.

Y/n responded with a genuine smile but then let out a smirk before replying, "I'm not being nice just for the fun of it; I want something, buddy."

"Don't you always," Camila said, rolling her eyes, though a smile lingered on her lips.

"I have something to ask you tonight, Cabello," Y/n stated.

"As long as it's not another proposal ambush, ask me anything," Camila said, chuckling.

Y/n felt embarrassed by the reminder of her "proposal" and laughed it off. "Trust me, Cabello, you won't be Mrs. Gonzalez anytime soon. But hey, I have to go now. I need to do my afternoon workout, then shower before I pick you guys up."

"Okay, sounds good. See you later. I love you," Camila said before hanging up, leaving a dumbfounded Y/n behind.

Yoooo what is up you guys it's ya girl comin at you with another update 🥱 it's been a while I know but I been busy anyyyywasys as always lmk what you guys think in the comments or in the DMs 😏 TBH I feel like this story is dead but I don't want to leave you guys hanging so I'm gonna finish. Even tho you guys are LAME and don't interact with me anymore.

Question of the chapter

If you were an animal what would you be?

A Tiger

What about you guys?