Chapter three: Separate ways

<───*:.。..。.:* ♡ *:.。. .。.:*────>

"Everyone says that a broken heart is fixed with time

"Everyone says that a broken heart is fixed with time. I believe a broken heart is fixed with love"

<───*:....:* *:.. ..:*────>

Third Person's POV:
Y/n was staring at the letters on the paper on her desk for a couple of minutes now without reading anything. Takuro, who was wondering how to get her attention raised a brow in confusion at her strange behavior. His coworker that also happened to be his best friend, Shu sticked his tongue out at Takuro smirking. When Takuro had told his plan on becoming Y/n's friend to his coworkers they all made fun of him saying he was out of his mind. And he may have made Shu watch him prove that he could invite Y/n to lunch. Takuro rolled his eyes at Shu before turning to Y/n again and titling his head in confusion as to why she was just staring at the letter "C" on her paper.
"Gonna keep staring or are ya gonna say what you want?" Y/n suddenly said turning her head to face him. Takuro blushed embarrassed he's been caught and cleared his throat.
"N-no I was actually wondering if you would um... like to join me for lunch sometime..." he said avoiding eye contact. Silence. Takuro didn't know if that was a good sign so he decided to lift his head up to see why Y/n was so silent. What he was met with was Y/n's shocked face. Her eyes had slightly widened and her mouth was slightly agape. Takuro's eyes softened at the sight feeling sympathy for the girl since this was probably the first time someone asked her to get lunch with her.
"Platonically...right?" Y/n asked a small blush soothing her cheeks. At that Takuro's eyes widened as he raised his hands in defence.
"Of course, of course." He repeated in panic.
"Then I would love to!" Y/n said flashing him a kind smile. At that Takuro's eyes darted to Shu who had taken off his headphones and was looking at Takuro with his mouth agape. Takuro flashed him a smirk and a playful wink as Shu crossed his arms putting his headphones on again with a upset face. While that was happening Y/n had started to collect her things.
"Where are you going?" Takuro asked in panic as he saw Y/n collecting her things. She laughed softly.
"Relax lover boy. My time's over here today I finish work at 2 p.m." She explained pointing at the clock.
"Lover boy?" Takuro mumbled and blushed.
"Yeah. You said you have a girlfriend right?" Y/n explained titling her head in a 'Isn't it obvious' manner.
"Ah yes..." Takuro said flustered. Y/n just chuckled exiting through the door.
"Someone has a crushhh~" Shu teased.
"Shut up Shu I have a girlfriend." Takuro said as he passed by Shu's desk closing his laptop to annoy him.
"OI! BITCH! I was on the most important part. Eren was telling Mikasa he hates her!" Shu yelled throwing his pencil at Takuro as Takuro caught it.
"I have no idea who Eren is and who Mikasa is but you're at work so you better stop watching anime."
" I'm not. I'm reading the manga. You disgrace. Don't look at me again. You peace of a trash how can you not know who Eren is? Jesus I can't believe such people still exist. We should execute you." Shu said disappointedly shaking his head as Takuro just decided to ignore him.
Y/n's POV:
I was laying in my bed looking at my phone when someone knocked on my door. I hope it's not Naoto again. He's been pestering me about helping Takemitchi from one month. It's not like I don't wanna help so they can save his sister but I don't wanna get caught in shit with Mikey again. He's changed...
I stood up to open the door and when I did I was met with a face I haven't seen in ages. Alexander Plisetsky.
"Hello Y/n. I'm glad I could find you easily." He said giving me a gentle smile.
"What are you doing here?" I quickly asked in a serious tone.
"I decided to pay you a visit. I'm gonna have a competition in Tokyo...May I come in?" He explained.
"Okay..." I said hesitantly opening the door.
"Thank you. So how have you been? This place hasn't changed at all." He said as he looked around.
"Well yeah...I tried keeping it the same..." I said looking around. As Alex was looking around his eyes landed on picture on one of my dressers.
"You still have that?" He asked turning to look at me.
"Yes..." I replied looking down.
"Y/n...have you skated since the last time we saw each other?"
"No..." I replied quickly. Alex signed taking a step towards me.
"Why? You know this is not the way. This doesn't lead to anything. Why did you fuck up your future for such a dumb reason-you couldn't move on." He said trying to keep his temper. I however didn't.
"That's my choice! I can do whatever I want! Why do you care anyways? You haven't seen me in eleven years. So why do you care?" I yelled as tears welled up in my eyes. Alex's eyes widened.
"You know how much I care about you! You're my best friend! Just because I didn't wanna leave my career for you doesn't mean I don't care about you! But this shit just isn't healthy for you! Stop pretending you don't need anyone! God dammit I told you not to get involved with those delinquents didn't I? Why didn't you just listen to me?" He yelled as tears spilled from his eyes.
"B-Because people don't choose who they fall in love with Alex. You know that better that anyone." I said as my voice cracked. Alex calmed down and sniffled a little before extending his arms towards me.
"Please..." he mumbled. I just chuckled before embracing him in a hug. We stayed that for a moment before Alex decided to lift me up and groaned.
"No Y/n you'll need to burn at least  ten kilograms before I can lift you on the skates again." He said chuckling.
"Oh shush...Plus I ain't skating again." I replied playfully hitting his arm.
"We'll see 'bout that" Alex said playfully winking as I just rolled my eyes. We chatted for a bit more before Alex got a message and his eyes widened.
"Shit I gotta go... bye bestie see ya soon." He said giving me a peace sign and a wink before sprinting outside the door. I just chuckled closing the door behind him. Me and Alex were best friends.
But we went our separate ways.