The beginning

(A.N. This is a longer retelling of events that led to Peter and Yuri becoming a couple. The OneShot previously is a fully encapsulated telling of their relationship. The following couple of chapters will cover certain parts of their relationship. Enjoy.)

Yuri was exhausted, she had spent all day working on her next big case and before she knew it the day had gone and the night was settling in.

Yuri had taken refuge on the precincts rooftop for some air and to take a break. She frequented the roof as it gave her some peace and quiet from everything going on in the precinct. Before she would come up to the roof so she could have a smoke, but she had kicked that bad habit a long time ago and now just takes to the rooftop for fresh air.

However that peace and quiet would soon be interrupted by the arrival of her red and blue spandex wearing 'partner' Spider-Man.

"Hey, what's hapn' Capn'" He asked jokingly. Yuri only groaned in response to his childish greeting.

"Just... needed a break. Thought by coming up here I could get a moment for myself. Seems like I was wrong." She said slightly insultingly.

"Ouch Yuri. I'm not that bad am I?" Peter replied placing his hand over his heart.

"Huh. Sometimes." She said cheekily.

"Knew it, you love having me around." He cheered.

"So what brings you by? Escaped supervillain again?" Yuri inquired changing the topic.

"Oh no, nothing like that. I was actually just in the neighbourhood and thought to stop on by and see how my favourite Captain was doing, although if you hadn't already been up here I would've went on about my business." He said honestly.

"Lucky me." She scoffed slightly.

"Hey!" He responded offended.

"Anything big happening in your life?" She asked curiously, they rarely ever talked about his life outside of what he does in the suit.

"Ehh. Not really, just doing whatever I can you know." He said.

"Yea. Tell me about it." She agreed with his statement.

"How about you? Anything new in your life?" He asked her the same.

"Unfortunately not. Jean's trying to get me out more. To... loosen up a little. Maybe meet a guy or something." She said regretting telling him that last part.

"Really? You?" He said shocked.

"Please don't." She nearly begged to be made fun of.

"What? I think it's a good idea." He said agreeing with what Jean had suggested.

"You think it's a good idea for me to loosen up?" She said seriously.

"I mean to meet someone. I think you should you never know who you might meet. And yes I do think you should loosen up a bit, I mean who wears a black leather jacket everyday?" He said, slightly teasing her towards the end.

"Would you stop. And I like it, I think it looks good on me." She defended her sense of style. "Not like you're one to talk." She said criticising his suit.

"Hey. This is a suit I made for fighting crime, not as a fashion statement." He said appalled by her insult.

"You're telling me." She joked causing him laugh a little.

There attention was brought away when an announcement went over the radio. A crime in progress and for units to respond to the given address, Yuri knew that meant that he was going to be taking off now in pursuit of the crime.