Family Dinner

Yuri was a little anxious as she was preparing to go with her mother to have dinner with Peter and his beloved aunt May.

After Yuri was hospitalised Peter had disclosed their relationship in order to visit her, in doing so that also meant her mother was made aware of the twos relationship and that they were dating in secret for months prior.

Upon leaving the hospital after her recovery, her mother had insisted endlessly that they should sit down and have dinner together so they could get to know each other better.

Yuri was hesitant and resistant to the idea of such a dinner taking place, but Peter was all for it and accepted her offer and even upped the ante by having them come over to visit his aunt too.

Peter talked about his aunt quite frequently with Yuri, so she knew just how important the woman was to him. She was basically a second mother, or just basically his mother, considering misfortune already struck early in his life and he never got the chance to meet either of his parents.

The woman raised him along with his uncle Ben as if he was their own and Yuri could tell that he thought of them as his parents. But misfortune struck again not long after he got his powers and he tragically lost his uncle.

Yuri could feel her heart breaking when he told her about all of his burdens, God she didn't know how he soldiered on like that, carrying that burden, that weight, on his shoulders on his own for so long.

She didn't know of that was a testament to his strength or the dumbest thing he'd ever done. Sure his secret identity was something that could never get out, but everything else... the pain, the heartache, his internal suffering when things got bad.

He needed to open up more. And thankfully she was able to be the one to get to do just that. He trusted her completely, and she pressured him into talking to her more about his problems, not wanting him to suffer alone or in silence just so she could be spared the headache.

Anyway... her anxiety only continued as she thought about practically meeting his 'parent' for the first time along with her own. It was the sort of thing that regular couples did and they were both a far cry away from normal.

Her mother was putting on the finishing touches to her own makeup, in contrast to Yuri, Honoka was quite excited to have this dinner with Peter and his aunt.

Peter was unlike any of the other boyfriends Yuri had in the past and that was interesting for Honoka. She had a very good feeling about him and wanted to know more about him.

Honoka didn't know much about Yuri's other relationships prior to Peter, there was her first boyfriend who she didn't like all that much, but after him there was more of the same and it only got worse when Yuri's father... her husband... was charged with taking bribes from the mafia.

Yuri was on a downward spiral, at least when it came to dating, every guy who her mother knew about was some ruffian who would cause trouble. Thankfully Yuri had enough sense to not do anything criminal, and after some time she straightened herself out and became a cop herself.

Honoka was proud of the woman she became and the respected police Captain she was. Although at the beginning she was worried, she feared that Yuri would be subject to a lot of problems thanks to her fathers actions, not to mention the dangers of the job itself. But thankfully she made it through alright.

Honoka finished up in the bathroom and was ready to leave with Yuri.

"Yuri... it's time to go." Honoka called out to her daughter who was waiting anxiously on the living room couch.

They both left and on the drive over to Peters aunts house in Forest Hills, Honoka noticed how uncomfortable Yuri was. She had that same look on her face when she was younger when she was worried about something.