Sunset Photo

Yuri was waiting anxiously inside her apartment, today she and Peter were going out on one of their dates and he was going to pick her up at her apartment.

Unlike their other times spent together this would be the first time it was as Peter and Yuri, not Spider-Man. She wasn't worried about the date itself and the risk of embarrassing herself but rather the chance someone she knew would recognise her and see that she was on a date.

Peter had made it clear that they were going somewhere out of the way from her precinct so the likelihood that someone she worked with being there to recognise her was pretty slim.

But regardless of the odds he pointed out to her there was still that feeling of dread in her stomach, the kind that made your stomach flip, and it was almost unbearable that she looked at her phone every so often wanting to call Peter and cancel or ask that they continue having their 'private' dates.

She resisted as this was a big step for both of them, and since he revealed his identity to her she didn't want to get things off to a bad start, like cancelling their first in person date.

It wasn't anything too formal, Yuri didn't really like the fancy schmancy high end restaurants that regular couples went to on their dates. Peter knew this and suggested something smaller but no less romantic for them both.

There was a knock on her door and she was lightly startled, her thoughts had made her unaware of her surroundings that the knock came as a surprise.

Opening the door Yuri saw Peter standing there, not Spider-Man, no mask, just Peter. He was dressed nicely, smart casual. Brown pants, blue plaid shirt and brown jacket, an attempt was made to style his hair but she could tell it was a wasted venture but he still looked good.

In contrast Yuri was wearing some fitting black pants, red button up shirt and a longer black jacket. It was a surprise to Peter to see her not wearing her trademark leather jacket but he could barely keep his eyes off her.

"Hey." He greeted.

"Hey." She returned.

"Are... you ready to go?" He asked nervously.

"Yea. Just let me grab something real quick." She answered quickly walking to grab her bag. "So where are we going?" She asked.

"I thought we could take a stroll through Central Park, then I have somewhere in mind for us to go for food." He answered.

"Okay. Let's go." She said closing the door and locking it behind her as they both left.

A little while later Peter and Yuri were walking together through Central Park, there arms linked together as they walked closely together. Yuri was a little flustered as the remaining worry of being spotted in the open like this still dawned on her.

"Everything okay?" Peter asked noticing her worry.

"Huh... oh, yea. I'm fine." She said unconvincingly.

"Right." He elongated showing he wasn't convinced.

Yuri seemed to shrink into him, both out of embarrassment at being called out for her worry and that her mind was still concerned about being noticed being on a date.

"It's just... been a while since I went out on a date. I'm not exactly sure what to do?" She admitted.

"Yuri... all I want is for you to be happy and enjoy yourself today. And don't worry, after this we'll be in private, so let's just enjoy the beauty of Central Park. Ok?" Peter explained hoping to alleviate her minds worry.

"Yeah. You're right. Sorry for acting so weirdly." She apologised bashfully.

"Heh, it's okay. I'm nervous too if I'm being honest." He admitted to her drawing her surprise.