IV. 'you'd break a couple of bones, dear'

chapter four

chapter four.——
'you'd break a couple of bones, dear.'
irl & messages

.𖥔 ݁ ˖𖤓.𖥔 ݁ ˖

♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚.♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚.♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚.
"gleaming, twinkling eyes like sinking ships on waters. So inviting, I almost jump in. But I don't like that falling feels like flying 'til the bones crush."
—Gold Rush
♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚.♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚.♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚.

.𖥔 ݁ ˖𖤓.𖥔 ݁ ˖

Nick sat on the large couch, fiddling with his thumbs. Matthew and his mom sat beside him.

Chris is stretched out on the loveseat, eating Doritos with his feet on Olivia's lap. The TV plays How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days– a movie Olivia and Nick had picked out for the night. Although the triplets' mom didn't mind, Matt and Chris were pitching fits about it.

Nick looks down at the message from Kylo on his phone. Kylo told him that he'd be there in 30 minutes and that he was leaving after he made dinner for his little sister. Even though the message was sent ten minutes ago, Nick is still stuck in his pajamas, staring at the TV.

Nick glances over at the loveseat and sees Olivia absorbed in the TV while Chris pokes her arm. Although she ignores his touch, Chris persists, digging deeper with his finger to get Olivia's attention. Nick rolls his eyes at the situation.

He needed an escape plan. Kylo was probably on his way, and Nick isn't even close to being prepared to see his gorgeous face.

Nick is aware that he needs to tell Matt and Chris about Kylo, even though they would make fun of him. Maybe that's exactly what he needs— a slap on the face to knock some sense into him.

Because really, what is he thinking? It's pitiful that he can't stop thinking of Kylo. He's aware he needs to get the boy out of his head, but he just can't seem to.

The songs that play on his AirPods always talk about him. The darkness in the sky swirls like his curls. And of course, the sunflowers that the ghost holds on his waistline burns with his imaginary touch. Everything Nick experiences leads back to him.

Kylo doesn't make it any easier for Nick with the messages he sends him. When Nick closes his eyes, he can almost hear Kylo saying them aloud in his deep voice. For example, this morning...

.𖥔 ݁ ˖𖤓.𖥔 ݁ ˖

kylo🌙🐈‍⬛: good morning sunshine are you excited to see me