VI. 'I like the way he makes me feel'

chapter 6

chapter 6.——
I like the way he makes me feel
irl

.𖥔 ݁ ˖𖤓.𖥔 ݁ ˖

˚.♫˚.♫˚.

"And it's hard to keep my cool, when other bitches tryna get with my dude and when other chickens tryna get in my coop.'Cause you are one in a million there ain't a man like you."
—Streets

˚.♫˚.♫˚.

.𖥔 ݁ ˖𖤓.𖥔 ݁ ˖

"What the fuck?" Nick asks. Kylo sighs, he looks distressed.

Kylo's voice trembled with anger as he spoke, "That was Amber and Mason..."

.𖥔 ݁ ˖𖤓.𖥔 ݁ ˖

The two boys were back in the kitchen, lured by the promise of another drink. Kylo stood by the countertops, his hands pressed firmly against the wooden surface. The warm yellow glow of an overhead light cast a dimly lit atmosphere over the room, showcasing Kylo's toned arms and his intricate tattoos. The veins in his arms bulged as he tightened his grip on the countertop, his knuckles turning white.

Despite the hot temperature of the room, Nick felt a chill run down his spine as he looked at Kylo's intense glare. The loud music and people faded into the background, as Nick's focus narrowed on Kylo's shaky breaths. Nick felt a sense of unease watching a bead of sweat trickle down Kylo's forehead. The angry tension in the room pressed on his chest.

Why did this Mason man make him so upset? Could it just be that Kylo is jealous of him for dating Amber now? A toxic ping goes through Nick's chest.

He wishes he could make Kylo feel this much.

Instead, Nick is sure he will go home tonight and forget about the time they shared. He wouldn't lie in bed staring at his ceiling, overthinking every little detail of what he did and said tonight. He wouldn't picture Nick's flushed face and plumped lips, wishing he had just taken the opportunity to kiss him, to see what it's like. He wouldn't dream about Nick's eyes and come up with a million metaphors to describe them. No, Kylo would let this night with Nick fade into a distant memory.