VIII. 'because I care about you'

chapter eight

chapter eight.—— because i care about you
irl

.𖥔 ݁ ˖☾𖤓.𖥔 ݁ ˖

TW: use of homophobic slur, slight hint of ed

.𖥔 ݁ ˖☾𖤓.𖥔 ݁ ˖

♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚.♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚.♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚.

Can you see right through me? I see right through me. All the king's horses, all the king's men, couldn't put me together again. 'Cause all of my enemies started out friends. Help me hold on to you.
——The Archer

♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚.♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚.♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚.

.𖥔 ݁ ˖𖤓.𖥔 ݁ ˖

The sound of the gas pump entering the throttle startled Nick awake, causing him to look around in confusion. He was still feeling the effects of the alcohol he had consumed earlier— his head beginning to pound. It was clear that fifteen minutes of sleep wasn't enough to sober him up.

At first, he feels like he's been kidnapped and is in grave danger. He quickly looks out the passenger window and mouths the word "help" to the nearest stranger, but no one was there, making him even more afraid. However, when he catches a glimpse of Kylo's dark curly hair, he realizes that his fear was unnecessary and begins to snicker, relaxing back into the leather seat.

Kylo's gaze wanders around the gas station, while Nick takes a moment to observe him. Nick's thoughts are clouded by the liquor he has consumed, making his brain slow to process. Although Nick has a lot of thoughts running through his mind, he can't seem to put his finger on any of them. The only word that he can clearly articulate is 'pretty'.

Kylo is very pretty. He looks stunning under the fluorescent white lights of the gas station. His forest green t-shirt drapes loosely over his visible collarbones, and he emanates a sense of effortless grace that makes him look like a model posing for a photo shoot.

Even though he's just looking around, every movement he makes seems perfectly choreographed. Nick can't stop admiring him, every inch of him is beautiful and captivating. His eyes sparkle and his skin glows. He's like a living, breathing work of art, and Nick is content to sit there and appreciate him.

Nick watches as Kylo disappears from his view. He debates pretending to be asleep but ultimately decides against it. A question for Kylo is burning on his tongue, and he can't resist the urge to ask.