Chapter 3 - Missing Bridgertons

It is both a blessing and curse to feel everything so very deeply.
-David Jones
_____________________________________________

.....Its nothing fun, he is quite funny I suppose. I do love him, and he is a good husband. I hope you find a wife while you travel. Maybe a dashing French girl will catch your eye.
A letter from Elizabeth to Daniel while he traveled in France.

The next day came and went. Samantha and I took a lovely walk into town where I bought her a new dress at the modiste. I knew she had been wanting one for quite some time and I knew it was the right time.

She stood up on the base in front of Madame Delacroix. She held her arms up and spun for measurements. I turned around when I heard the shop door open. And of course, it was Eloise and Lady Bridgerton, with another sister as well. Francesca.

Eloise saw me and waved her hand to come. I got up and told my sister I would be back.

"Hello Eloise and Lady Bridgerton, and you are Francesca right?" She nodded and stuck our her hand, "Thats right, Miss Johnston." I took it and added, "Please call me Lizzy."

"What are you doing here?" Eloise asked as her mother and sister looked around. "Waiting for my sister, she insisted having a new dress." I pointed to her behind the curtain, Eloise smiled, "Aw, she's adorable." I smiled, "And you?" She laughed and pointed at Francesca, "Getting her a dress, shes finally back from a trip and needs a new dress for dinner tonight." I looked over at Francesca, "How lovely. Im very excited for this evening." Eloise nodded, her hair was down and pulled back, she looked beautiful in the sunlight of the shop. I caught myself staring at her eyes again, but not for long.

"Lizzy! Look!" I turned around to look at Samantha, she looked so grown up in her dress. "Oh its beautiful Samantha! Thank you so much Madame Delacroix." I walked behind the curtain. "Of course mademoiselle."

After the dress was in the box, we walked back out to the main lobby area. I said goodbye to the Bridgertons, and left.

    As soon as my foot hit the side walk in front of the store, I missed Eloise's presence immensely. Samantha looked up at me, "Are they joining us for dinner tonight sister?" I looked at her and squeezed her hand, "Indeed they are."

"Im glad, I like the girl you were talking too." My heart had to of swelled, "Thats Eloise, and I do too." I definitely do.

We walked hand in hand to the carriage and road home in silence that was filled with joy.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

I put on my best dress. It was pink with small flower petals. Samantha sat on my bed in her new dress. She was playing with her small stuffed animals. I heard the doorbell ring. Samantha looked up and her eyes almost asked, "May I go down?" I swept her up into my arms and we went down. Ashton, Joy, Daniel, my mother, and Thomas stood waiting.

"Be on your best tonight everyone." Ashton said. Daniel laughed, "Alright my Lord." with a sarcastic bow. My mother grabbed his arm. Ashton opened the door.

    Viscount Anthony Bridgerton stood with his mother and Viscountess Kate Sharma-Bridgerton. "Lord and Lady Bridgerton, we are happy to welcome your family in." Anthony shook his hand, "Thank you for the invite." They walked in.

    Following was Benedict and...Eloise, looking as gorgeous as ever in the chandelier light. Her eyes looked around and settled on me. I waved and walked over.

    "Lizzy, please meet my rambunctious brother, Benedict." He bowed and began, "Pleasure Miss, and I promise whatever she has told you about me isn't true." He already reminded me of my own brother. I laughed and motioned Daniel to walk over.