Chapter 5 - I Want, I Have, I Need, I Love

My heart is so full of you I can hardly call it my own.
-Liana Radulescu
_____________________________________________
warning: a little bit of spice :)

.....Is she feeling any better at all? I do hope so. Tell her I send her all the love in the entire world. I need her strong for when I return.
A letter from Elizabeth to her Mother, Lady Julie Johnston.

The first soiree would be hosted at a friends house of my mothers on the next evening. We were going and I was quick to find out if the Bridgertons were going.

I had not spoken to Eloise since the day Sir Phillip arrived. I hadn't seen her either, but when I took a stroll in the park with Joy, I saw Daphne and the Duke.

"One moment Joy." I walked over and bowed, "Your graces." Daphne tilted my chin up, "Please Lizzy, no need to bow and address us as such. We are family friends of course." I smiled. I had met the Duke once. He is a nice man from what I have seen and heard. "I only had a question, are you and your family going to the Matthews Soiree?" She looked up at the Duke.

"I believe they mentioned they were." He said to her. Daphne looked back to me, "I am sure they will, they never miss." She chuckled. I said my goodbyes and rejoined with Joy. We walked arm in arm before she asked me the dreaded question, "I have seen you dance with Martin a bit. What do you think of him?" I scoffed, not in a rude way but a not this again way.

"He's considerably attractive and quite kind, but only a friend. I could never love him more than that." Joy nodded, "Its only that, your brother, he cares so much for you, he wants you to be happy with whomever like..."

"Eloise." She stopped in her tracks, but my eyes were set on in front me where she stood. I looked up quickly, "No wait, not Eloise sorry. Its only shes over there. But yes to be happy." Joy looked ahead, "Oh she is with Sir Phillip." Sure enough, he was beside her. Anthony and Kate not far behind. Eloise spotted me and waved, I did back but then steered Joy in a different direction.

"I thought you and her were quite close." Joy muttered, "We are but I wouldn't want to interrupt her splendid time with Sir Phillip." We walked over to the bridge and passed by Lady Danbury, she stopped me with her cane, "Hello dear. I hear this is your second season!" I laughed lightly, "Ah yes it is." Lady Danbury nodded, "Good luck. Its going to be a tough season." Good to know, like I hadn't acquired that knowledge already.

She spotted Eloise walking closer. "It seems someone has made a match." She winked at Anthony. I needed air, but I was already outside, so maybe I needed closure instead.

"Joy we must go home. I fear I am lightheaded and I need rest before tomorrows event." Joy and I quickly left but I felt Eloise's eyes burn into my back.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

The next evening, we loaded into the carriage. Ashton and Joy took their own one this time doing God knows what. My sister and I took either side of our mother, Thomas and Daniel sat in front of us.

"How is she going?" Daniel asked mama pointing at Samantha. My mother chuckled, "Mrs Matthews insisted she came. She is your responsibility." He threw his head back dramatically.

"Am I that bad Danny?" She asked innocently. He looked back down and smiled, "No I was only joking little one." But he still made a face at mama,

     "I don't see you trying to find a wife." She told him. Thomas put his hand on his heart, "My brother, shes got you there." I laughed, "I am sure Samantha would adore dancing with you." I said to Thomas. He smoothed his jacket, "Of course, but I was hoping to dance with Hyacinth." Now my hand was on my chest. He smirked but Daniel nudged him in a brotherly way.