Chapter 4

Charles' POV

"Carlos," I called him

"Carlos," I called him. "Carlos!"

He lazily turned his head to me, just raising his eyebrows.

I pointed at his phone, telling him to check his inbox.

I sighed helplessly, what is truly wrong with me? Why can't I just go to her directly?

Carlos did a fake cough, making my attention turn to him.

He smiled devilishly before he mouthed, "Get your ass back to work."

I lifted both of my arms as a sign of surrendering. I held my phone tightly before tucking it away to my pocket.

I tried my best to focus during the practice but I couldn't. Carlos noticed that so he requested a break and pulled me to his driver's room.

"What is wrong with you, man?" He began. Again, I only shrugged. I don't know what's wrong with me too.

"All of this," he pointed at me, "is because of a girl?"

"Have you gone mad?"

I can't find the words so I just nodded as a reply.

He laughed like a madman, "Charles, did you fall in love at first sight?"

"What? No!" I stood up, "No, no"

"Me? Love? It doesn't work that way for me, mate. You know that. I just think she's very pretty and I got intimidated,"

"You, Charles Leclerc, intimidated by a woman?" He chipped.

"I guess so, but hey, it's not a big deal. I can get out of it," I took my phone out and slowly opened that one app I have been checking for the past minutes.

"Look, mate. You are unfocused. Stop denying it. If it bothers you so much, just slide into her dms already."

"It's easier said than done," I told him quietly. He rolled his eyes and took my phone from my hands.

"You are down bad, mi amigo." I can see him typing on my phone. Who is he texting?

"Charles has finally met his match," I can hear his sneer without looking up to him. And that's when I have realized what he's doing.

"Mate, what are yo-" he shoved my phone back to me.