Chapter 7

My body started to malfunction naturally, my eyes slowly dilated as my mouth opened wide.

"What? Cha-" he immediately silenced me by putting his right index finger close to his mouth. I unconsciously mirrored his action while looking around us. Trying to check if may nakarinig ba sa akin. When I saw that everybody is busy doing their own stuff, I looked at him again.

"Why are you here?" I whispered softly, just enough para marinig niya. "I told you, I won't go for the meet and greet."

He moved his index finger forward, now gesturing me to move closer. And I did, our faces are now very close.

"But I want to meet you," he smiled foolishly before he moved back to his seat. I was left astounded, ako ba ang famous sa aming dalawa? Bakit ako?

My upper body is still inclined forward, still processing what has happened. "Me?" I asked him with knitted brows.

He only nodded in response. He wore his face mask again and stood up. He gestured that I should follow him.

Now that my senses are back, I realized that it was already dark. Afraid that I might get lost, I followed him like a puppy.

Hindi naman ata ako iki-kidnap ni Charles, di ba? He's too famous para maging kidnapper.

"Where are we going?" I asked him pero hindi siya sumagot. He continued his way to a secluded area.

He sat by the bench which I also followed. Mahaba ang bench so may space pa naman between us. Ang awkward naman 'pag magkadikit kami, eh hindi pa nga kami close!

"Hi," he faced me, smiling as he removed his mask again. "You met me as CL, but you can just call me Charles" He also removed his glasses. "Charles Leclerc," he faced me fully while smiling "the Formula 1 driver from Ferrari."

I'm just stunned by his movements, I was only able to say "ah" after his introduction.

He didn't mind my reaction. And instead, he talked more. "I already know you're Red. The staff told me, of course. If you do not want to introduce your full name, it's fine."

Parang ang bastos pala na hindi kaagad ako nagpakilala after niya. I extended my arm to introduce myself. "Rose Edeline Sanchez, please call me Red."

He received mine and we shook our hands.

"So, what brings you here?" He started.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that? Why is a famous Formula 1 driver sneaking out to meet me?" I questioned him back. He became silent for a few seconds before his mouth opened to reply.

"I have free time now, maybe I could use some to meet a fan?" He looked at me intently.

"I'm not a fan, sorry to disappoint you." My lips formed a straight line while forcing to smile.

"Yeah?" He's obviously trying to get more explanation from me.

"Long story short, I'm supposed to be here with my ex to celebrate our 5 years together but he fucked up and now I'm here, using the tickets alone because neither of my friends are available." If he wants an explanation, here it is.

"And, you're not a fan?" He asked genuinely.

"Sadly, I am not. But I'm getting there. My ex and my friends are the fans, by the way."

He only smiled, "so 5 years, huh? That's very long."

"Yeah, spent most of my teenage until adulthood with him. But he fucked up when he cheated on me." I smiled bitterly, bakit ba ganito topic namin?

He probably sensed na hindi na ako komportable sa topic kaya nag-iwas siya ng tingin.

"Be my fan," he removed his Ferrari cap with a number 16 stitched on it. "Qualifying tomorrow, I want you to cheer for me. And for Ferrari."

"I'll try," I said to him. Mukhang mabait naman pala 'tong si Charles. He's the first celebrity or influential person na nakausap ko!

"I'm the opposite, I don't do long relationships."

"Why is that?"

"I don't believe in love. The longest I could stay in a relationship is only a year. I always keep my relationship strictly casual. I'm not the marriage and romantic type." Ay shet, playboy? I can't judge him that easily, may mga tao talaga na ganyan. Like Lily, she told us na hindi daw siya mag-aasawa. Pero she dates a lot, as long as she's having fun daw and loyal sa partner. Before she starts a relationship, sinasabi niya kaagad na she's only for casual dates. She knows how to crush and like someone, hindi lang umaabot sa love.

Kahit disappointing ang ending ko with my ex, I truly loved him. Akala ko nga ay ikakasal ako sa kaniya in a few years. But we really don't know how our life works. Here I am now, alone and single.

"And what if you meet a girl that could teach you love? Will you marry her?"

"Probably not," he smiled, but it's not reaching his eyes anymore. "being in Formula 1 and driving for Ferrari are my only roles in this lifetime. I can't marry."

"It's too early to say that, you're only 25."

"Well, somebody's been doing research." He teased me.

I laughed, "nakakahiya naman kasi na pupunta ako dito tas wala akong alam. Hindi ako bandwagon, 'no!"

"Yeah, whatever that meant." Bakit parang ang ayos niya kausapin? We met and talked for only half an hour pero I already feel comfortable with him? Tropahin ko kaya 'to?

"I should go now. Bye, Red. Cheer for me tomorrow, yeah?" He stood up, ready to leave. He gave me his cap before walking away from me.

"I shall be seeing you wearing that." And there, Charles Leclerc left.