Chapter 17

Carlos' POV

"Okay, tìo." I visited tío because my dad asked me to give something to him.

Tío has requested me to pick up his daughter from the airport, I didn't know Red is coming here in Spain!

Should I tell Charles? No, Carlos. It's not your story to tell. Maybe Red is planning to surprise my amigo.

I honked when I saw her, trying to get her attention. Our ride on the way to the hospital was smooth, we kept on talking about how our families were close.

She also taught me some words. Filipino slang like lodi, sanaol, and forda. They all sound very Spanish but at the same time, it's nonsense.

My heart nearly dropped when I first heard her call me Lord! For sure, Charles will get hella mad at me. He's a jealous incarnate, for God's sake!

I was so amused hearing her speak in Spanish. She mentioned that it is one of the languages she learned. Just how many languages does she know then? Charles is a lucky fella, Red is his first girlfriend that is an actual intellect.

I couldn't concentrate during the dinner, my father kept on teasing me that I should steal Red away from Charles. His father, Eduardo, also laughs along with my papa. This is not funny! I don't have any feelings for Red, and most importantly, I am very scared of Charles.

I couldn't sleep peacefully that night because Charles kept on messaging me.

Charles: are you friends with red?

Charles: do you meet her?

Charles: mate you need to be honest

Charles: she says you're nice

Charles: but you are not nice

This bastard! I wanted to tell him, but I promised Red not to. Amigo please, just be patient!

Carlos: just be patient mate

Carlos: sorry, i cant tell you anything

Charles: what do you mean

Charles: carlos

Charles: carlos

Charles: answer to my fucking calls!

Charles: do you also like red?

Charles: carlos

Charles: fuck it, ill talk to you

I sighed and didn't reply anymore. Charles can be a scumbag but I can feel that he's serious with Red. He just needs to realize it.

I woke up early to my mom's voice. I lazily went down to meet my friend. It's so early, I don't need any visitors now!

My whole nerves immediately woke up with the raging face of Charles. This freak seriously flew from Monaco to Madrid because he is jealous?!

"Mate, I can explain." I greeted him.

"Do it," he demanded.

I looked at my father who's also secretly looking at us. Look at this jealous bastard, papa!

No words went out of my mouth. I'm afraid that I might accidentally ruin Red's surprise. How can I possibly explain to him when I couldn't say that Red is a family friend and that she's actually here in Spain for him.

Fuck! Red is here in our very household!!!! I started to panic like crazy. Is she asleep? I'm betting all my remaining luck, please let her sleep for a while. I need to shoo Charles away first.

And as if the universe has named me as the unluckiest man alive, I saw Red slowly going down. Mierda, I forgot she's wearing my shirt.

I saw how Charles froze on the spot when he heard her voice, his fist is clenched tightly. I'm guessing that fist will land perfectly on my face later. Goddammit, his punches are no joke!

To make things worse, she suddenly went to papa. Charles can definitely see her back now. I saw how his eyes darken when he saw the very large "55" print on the shirt that his girl is wearing.

Charles, let me explain. I mouthed him but I know it's too late. He's looking at me with anger. Mate, come on! We've been friends for years!

As much as I want to sew Red's lips, I'm also afraid that Charles will disown me the moment I hurt his girl.

"..guapo" "..guapo" "..guapo"

I want to bury myself, why is she so good at Spanish? Charles is also brilliant at speaking Spanish, he can literally pass as a local with his vocabulary.

"Good morning, son" I can definitely feel the lasers that Charles is shooting at me through his eyes.

What's the use of knowing multiple languages when all of us can understand them? I saw Charles mouthing the word 'son' while clenching his fist even tighter.

"Charles... I-I ca--" I shakily said to him. Why is my voice like this? I swear, I am not forcing myself to stutter. Am I, Carlos Sainz, really scared of my teammate, Charles Leclerc?!

Lando, please Lando, wherever you are... I miss you mate.