Chapter 9

"You don't need to give an answer right away, and I'm most certainly not forcing you to do it. You can take your time, think about it thoroughly, and find me when you have an answer."

He explained while looking at me. I know that deep inside, he really needs my help.

"And what happens if I reject?"

"Well, uh... I don't know too. Alex says I'll face a lot of backlash and hate, but I don't really care at all! My management will probably give me an earful but I can manage."

"Just pretend, right?"

"Yes, just pretend."

"Okay then," I said quietly.

"Okay,"

"Wait, what?"

"Okay," I repeated.

"Why? Why are you fine with it? Aren't you mad? You are supposed to be mad! You should be running away from me, you know?"

"You're quite the pessimist, aren't you?"

"Yeah, quite. Don't change the subject, Red! I am serious, this whole thing..." He motions his hand, circling us. "is very serious. People will talk, media will pry, and you won't have your privacy to live as yourself from now on. If this whole pretend thing ends, you will be remembered as Charles Leclerc's another ex. You will lose your identity, are you okay with that? Because I am not, Red. I don't want you to suffer."

He catches his breath while looking at me intently.

"I know," I smiled, "we're friends, and I want to help you. It's only for a short while, right?"

He nodded.

"You have done nothing wrong, and I think it's ridiculous that people will fault you for this."

"I'm single and available to pretend as your girlfriend."

"But--" he tried to cut me off.

"No buts, I'm your Ferrary girl now." I wore the cap he gave me last night and started to walk away.

"I can't change your mind, no?" He asked once again.

"No," I laughed. "Get your ass here, you have a race to do."

I heard him sigh as he catches up to me.

"You don't want me to help you?" Para kasi na ayaw niya talaga sa akin. Ako na nga um-oo eh!

"No, no... it's just that.... I feel embarrassed. You came here to enjoy and have fun.... but I only became a burden to you."

"This is fun! I get to be an F1 driver's girlfriend, what an experience!"

"You're mad," said Charles as we walk together.

Baka nga nababaliw na ako, hindi ko din maintindihan bakit ako pumayag. Pero bahala na, I spent my whole life being controlled by my parents and my ex. I have lived my life as an obedient and good girl. It's my time to have some recklessness now.

"And there we have it! Charles Leclerc finally gets his second pole for this season! Both drivers from Ferrari will starts as P1 and P2 for tomorrow's final race!" Everybody cheered and roared, including me. For the first time in my life, I felt a different sense of thrill. I couldn't explain it, I just remember having 2 personalities all throughout the race. I felt all emotions but boredom.

Para akong naloloka sa mga nangyayari, ang saya saya ko nung in-announce na si Charles ang may hawak ng fastest lap, tapos biglang nag iba na naman. Kapag bumababa ang rank ni Charles ay napapamura ako sa galit. Pero everything ended well when Charles did something remarkable that I couldn't explain, he zoomed his way and suddenly, everyone is cheering. When I looked up at the huge screen in front of me, it already says that Charles is on top of everyone.

"Red, you need to go down. You have to meet Charles," Alex said to me. I followed him silently, not really knowing where we are going. Ang alam ko, pupuntahan namin si Charles.

"Just a heads up, reporters will probably flood Charles with questions about his new WAG. Your role is to standby, don't make unnecessary movements and reactions. Just smile, Charles will take in charge." I gulped, parang masusuka ako dahil sa nerbyos!

"Charles, congratulations on your performance today! It's been a while since you got pole, right? Are you by any chance, inspired today?" A reporter asked him.

Charles smiled and nodded. He didn't say any information about me, instead, he focused his answers about the race.

After various interviews, Charles' eyes moved busily. Trying to look for someone in the crowd. Alex raised his hand and that's when Charles looked at our side. He smiled widely when he saw me.

"Hey," he gave me a hug, and I also returned it.

"You were fantastic!" I praised him.

"You saw me? Did you understand anything about the race?"

I only smiled forcely and replied, "a little bit" which he responded with a laugh.

"You are cute," he said in between of his laughter.

Everyone is looking at us including his teammate, Carlos. He raised his hand to waved at me, I also waved back.

"I'll see you later." He gave a peck on my cheek. I just know I'm blushing like an idiot without actually seeing my face right now.

I nodded and followed Alex. He guided me into a private room and instructed me to wait for Charles.

Masyado akong busy ngayon araw na nakalimutan ko pala sabihin kina Tori at Lily about sa girlfriend thingy with Charles.

I got my phone and turned it on, directly opening the messenger app.

I sighed

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I sighed. Of course, alam na nila.

Amour Rouge (Red Love)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें